Discussions: Chapter 22

"Please?" Harry begged, "It will be a quick way to pass the time! Plus, we went to the Slytherin ones."

"Hmmm," Draco feigned thinking about it, even though he'd do just about anything Harry wanted, " I don't know if I want to sit around watching a bunch of Gryffindorks playing Quidditch."

"Oh come on I didn't complain when we went to the Slytherin tryouts."

"Fine, but only because I don't want to sit here in the dorm and do homework."

Harry jumped a bit, "Yes! Thanks!" Draco watched in amusement as Harry hurried to grab his scarf and jacket.

"Ready then?" Draco asked when Harry was bundled up in warm clothes.

"Yup!" Harry reached for the door and held it open for Draco. "Ladies first."

"Shut up you git." Harry snickered and followed after him.

Barely anyone looked up at them as they came down the stairs, at this point seeing them together wasn't really a novel thing. They were practically always together. The few who did look up though watched as Draco and Harry laughed like old friends the whole way to the door

When they stepped out onto the grounds Harry pulled his scarf around himself a bit tighter, it was colder than usual for October.

"Why don't you just use a heating charm?" Draco asked, watching Harry fidget with his scarf.

"I don't really know one..." Harry said, flushing with embarrassment.

"You really are a mess," Draco sighed, casting the charm and Harry let out a sigh as he suddenly warmed up.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now remember the spell for next time or you'll catch a cold," Draco said. Harry turned his attention back to the pathway, he rubbed his hands together and breathed on them as they walked towards the pitch, but Draco's eyes lingered on Harry for a moment longer than they should have.

When they reached the stands they worked their way up to a good seat in the middle of the stands.

"The seats are way too cold," Harry shivered a bit as he sat down on them and then cast the heating charm on them that Draco had just taught him and sighed in relief. "Ah that's better."

Draco chuckled, sitting down next to Harry close enough so their shoulders and knees brushed together.

Harry suddenly shivered for a whole other reason.

Harry tried to focus his attention back on the pitch, he had come out to support Ginny after all. She was the new captain this year and looked right at home out on the pitch running the practice. She had a bit of a practice game going and Harry noticed a kid he didn't recognize playing as seeker. Harry had to admit, he was pretty good, he was glad that the Gryffindor team seemed to be in good hands.

"Reckon that's your replacement?" Draco asked, watching as the new player flew around between players.

"It looks like it, doesn't it," Harry said, a smile crossing his features.

------------------------------

After tryouts ended and Ginny was assigning positions to the players, Harry and Draco decided that it'd probably be best to just head back as she looked pretty busy.

They were halfway back up the path to the castle when Harry heard his name being called.

"Harry!"

Harry turned as he heard his name and was greeted with Ginny running up behind him, slightly out of breath.

"Hey, I thought you were giving out position assignments? Congrats again on being team captain by the way!"

"Thank you! I finished assigning the positions really quickly, I wanted to catch you," Ginny said smiling. Then, "Could I talk to you?" she looked a bit nervously at Draco, "privately?"

"Sure," Harry said, then turned to Draco, "I'll meet you inside, alright?"

Draco looked skeptically at Ginny.

"I'll be fine, Draco," Harry laughed, and Draco turned to leave.

"Draco, huh?" Ginny said with a smirk as soon as Draco was out of earshot. Harry quickly reddened.

"Yeah, um, we agreed to call each other by our first names."

"Did you now? Is he the cause of your 'gay awakening'?" He didn't think it was possible, Harry got even redder.

"Shhhh, what if someone overheard you?" Harry said, quickly shushing her.

"Don't worry no one is around to hear," Ginny said laughing.

"What did you come to talk about?" Harry grumbled, feeling slightly put out after being thoroughly embarrassed.

"Well, Luna and I have been talking about finally coming out."

Harry quickly sobered up, "You are?"

"Yeah, I mean it's mostly me. Thinking about it, I mean. She doesn't really care if people know, but I was kind of worried about my family."

"Ginny," Harry said, gently grabbing her arms, "Your family is the most loving one I've ever seen. I'd be surprised if they didn't accept you."

"You think?" Ginny said, barely above a whisper.

"I know. Your mom would never stop loving and doting on any of you, for anything."

Ginny let out a breathy laugh, and breathed in shakily. "Even Ron?"

"You're his little sister, he cares for you more than you know, and I don't think he cares much what gender you like anyway."

"You're worried about telling him too though. If you don't think he'd care why are you worried?"

"Well, I don't like Luna now do I?" Harry laughed, "I'm more worried about telling him who I like, I guess. I mean, even if I just told him I was gay, he's bound to ask questions. I can't exactly tell him hey, you know Draco? The one who you hate so much? Yeah, he's the reason I'm gay."

Ginny let out a laugh, "Yeah, I guess that probably wouldn't be the best idea. Thanks, for talking to me about this I mean. It helped a lot."

"Anytime." Harry smiled as Ginny wrapped him into a hug.

-----------------------------

"What was that about?" Draco asked as Harry closed the door behind himself.

"Nothing much," Harry said and Draco raised an eyebrow at him. "It was something personal that she's dealing with." Harry let out a sigh, Draco was awfully nosy.

"Is she okay?" Draco asked and Harry was slightly surprised to see a bit of worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, she's alright."

"Okay, good," Draco responded awkwardly and turned back to his book.