Double Dates: Chapter 17

When Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville made it back up to the common room they were met with a group of people around the bulletin board.

"What's going on?" Ron asked Seamus who had just turned away from the board.

"Oh, the tryout dates for Quidditch have been put out. Of course, none of us can try out tho. Slytherin is set for the 5th and 6th, Hufflepuff for the 7th and 8th, Gryffindor for the 12th and 13th, and Ravenclaw for the 14th and 15th. Speaking of Quidditch, when will the team be announced for the eighth years? Dean's been really excited about it."

"What have I been excited for?" Dean said, coming out of the group of people too and snaking his arm around Seamus' shoulders.

"The Quidditch line up."

"Oh yeah! Have you guys got it set yet?"

"Yeah, we have the line up ready, I just forgot to put it up I guess (So did the author lol)," Harry laughed.

"We could go get the list and put it out right now, as everyone is here," Ron suggested and they headed up to Harry's dorm to get the line up.

When they came back down, Dean was waiting eagerly by the board.

"We'll start practices after the tryouts for the house teams end, pass the word along okay?" Harry said as he hung the paper up on the board.

"Great!" Dean said happily, and turned back toward the board.

"Should we head out to Hogsmeade now?" Ron asked when they'd left the board.

"You two go ahead and go without me," Harry said, knowing they'd probably want to go together on a date as it was the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year.

"Alright, mate! See you later then!" Ron said as he pulled Hermione out the door.

Harry smiled after them and made his way back up to the dormitory where Draco was laying on his bed doing his homework.

"I saw that you were at least fair with the Quidditch lineup," Draco said, without looking up from his book.

"Well, I just picked who I thought would be the best for the team," Harry shrugged, sitting on the edge of his bed, looking over at Draco.

"I was sure you were going to pick Finnigan over me," Draco said, finally looking up at Harry.

"He didn't seem to be actually interested in playing for the team," Harry laughed a bit, "Plus, you have much better broom handling skills and are more experienced."

Draco let himself feel happy at the complement and smiled over at Harry, which made him smile back.

"So what are we going to do today for our punishment?" Harry asked.

"What were you thinking?"

"I don't know... Oh! How about Hogsmeade?"

"You want to go to Hogsmeade? Together?"

"Why not?" Harry flashed him a smile.

-------------------------------

"You ready?" Blaise asked Neville when he arrived. They were going to go to Hogsmeade together for their first date and Blaise was drowning in nerves.

"Yeah," Neville said, sending him a smile.

With that they headed out towards Hogsmeade. At first it was a bit awkward finding something to talk about as they hadn't really hung out together outside of the green house before, but it slowly became easier and by the time they arrived in Hogsmeade Neville was clutching his sides with laughter.