Volume 6: Friends and Foes

Volume 6

Friends and Foes

The eyes are the windows to the soul -English Proverb

______________

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My alarm sounded. But it really didn't matter.

I was awake, just laying under the covers. Thinking about the events of the past weeks... The events since that party... The events since my best kiss... All I did was think.

I get up, went to the bathroom and get ready for another day of school. Before I go down stairs I prepare myself to lie to my parents. If I don't my parents will find out. And I don't really need my parents in my business right now. They tend to be over-protecting. And I need my space to think right now.

My parents and my sister were already there eating waffles. I took a chair.

"Good Morning, son!" my dad said. Everybody in my family was a morning person, except me. I'm half awake right now and trying to concentrate on a stupid math formula.

"Morning, dad" I said half asleep.

"Good Morning, Mario!" my mom said. She place a plate of blueberry waffles infront of me. My favorite.

"Thanks, mom" I said. I took a bite from them. Still not breaking concentration.

"So, how was the carnival?" Dad asked.

"It was good" I said. Taking another bite of my waffles.

"Anything interesting?" Dad asked.

"No"

"Any girls?" He asked.

That ladybug bitch!

"Who is ladybug bitch?" He asked, in a low voice. That way Angel and mom couldn't hear us.

Wait, how did he do that? I didn't say it out loud, did I? Maybe I did. I should be more careful in what I say.

"Some girl at the Halloween carnival yesterday" I said.

"Why is she a bitch?" He asked.

"Um...I gotta go" I said, rapidly. I grabbed my bookbag and out of the door. I ran out of my house as fast as I could.

The road were chilly and I forgot my hoodie. Letting the cold Californian air hitting my bareskin. But I let it. I take the long way to school. I really don't feel like going to school today. Passing through the Townville Park. It's the only type of flora and fauna found in Townville City.

The trees and leaf moving with the wind. The grass brushing my shoes and the mud getting stuck in them. This last few days I haven't been feeling well this last few days. Aside from not been able to sleep, I had massive headaches and muscle pain. I don't know what's wrong. Sometimes I'm okay and sometimes I'm not. I'm really a freak.

School was at the end of the park. The exit of the park was just infront of the street of the entrace to the school. But I didn't want to go there just yet. Instead I lay on the grass. There was no one in the park to see me so I didn't care. Another one of random muscle pains hit my left leg.

"You know, you're aren't allow to lay on the grass, young man" someone said in a firm voice.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't kn-" I said but then I looked up to see Josh Dallas standing there. He had a very familiar smirk.

"What did I tell you about stalking?" I said, angryly.

"I would hope that after yesterday I wouldn't be stalking, doll face. It would be call hanging out with your boyfriend" He said.