Volume 14: Raining and Pouring

Volume 14

Raining and Pouring

When it rains, it pours -American Proverb

________________

There was a storm coming.

The dark clouds were circling the sky with a gloomy agenda. It hasn't change for a couple of days and it was bothering everybody.

I fixed my coat trying to endure the cold but it was too much. With the clouds covering the sky, the whole city felt like a refrigerator for last couple of days. Much to my annoyance, since the cold is one of my personal nemesis.

I looked up at the gloomy sky and couldn't help but think of that message Clark send me a week ago. Why would he send that message? What does it even meant?

I shrugged it off. It was probably another of his empty threats in order to scare to go back to him. It was getting kind of pathetic in many ways and his threats were everything but scary.

I was walking through the park as I went to school. I had left my house earlier this morning to just walk through the park in hopes that the bad weather had passed and the park would cheer me up after such gloomy days.

It didn't work because the weather didn't change and neither did my mood.

And a big part of me didn't want to admit to the reason I was in such a mean mood, because that reason involved Archer. Even though I know I love him, I won't admit I'm head over heels.

No, I wouldn't.

I kept on going though the trails in the park. I remembered my moments with Archer in here. The day I realize that I never loved Clark, the day I realized I could fall in love with Archer, the day I survived a bomb and my first date. This place hold many memor-

Splat.

I felt water falling on my face. I passed my hand through my face to wipe the rain away, only to be met with a cascade of drops falling in my face.

I hated rain falling on face.

I grabbed my bag close to chest and ran to the school. The rain fell faster and heavily. By the time arrived to school, I was soaking wet but I managed to keep my messenger bag dry, which was the important part. I keep all my books, notebooks and articles in it. So it is basically my life.

I entered the school and it seem that everybody was quiet. That was weird for a high school. Since the sound is usually equal, or greater, than a zoo filled with rabid animals.

I looked around and saw that most of the students were reading the school newspaper. Others were whispering and seem discussing something that has caught their interest. I wondered what was the new scandal that had everybody so intriguing.

Then, I noticed that people were staring me and whispering. I wasn't sure if they were looking at directly but it did seem so and it was making me uncomfortable. I was paranoid about this situation.

I kept walking to the news room to know what did they print without my permission. It was probably trying to take over now that I didn't spend so much time in the news room. David has always coveted my position.

When I finally got to the room and rapidly close the door behind me, the reporters were doing the same as the rest of the people in the school. They were all conversing with each other in whispers. Through them I could here words like 'Mario' and 'believe'.

I was sick of being out of the loop. I angrily stomped my way to my desk where the latest issue of the newspaper should be.

It was there and I angrily grabbed, almost ripping the paper. There was another silence in the room as I read the headline.