Prologue

Prologue

Good and Evil

There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

___________________

The fist connect with Shadow's face. He almost fell to the floor.

Almost.

"Really? That's all you got, Captain" said Shadow.

"Bitch, you're gonna get it" said Captain Justice.

"OH! I'm so scared" Shadow said morphed in the form of a woman, holding a hand to her chest. He turn into a bull and charged Captain Justice.

I been watching the whole fight, like everybody else in the front Plaza of Eternal Companies Building. It was the tallest build in Townville City. It had a huge plaza in the front; with a fountain, a garden, a square and some statues.

"You think that's gonna hurt me?" Captain Justice said with his deep sexy husky voice. He grab Shadow's horns and threw him against the ground. Captain's blond short hair shined. While his deep blue eyes pierce through the black mask he was wearing.

Shadow turn into a snake and wrap around Captain Justice's leg.

"Get off of me!" he commanded. The snake bit Captain Justice's foot and his fangs broke. He turned back to human form.

"You broke my fangs!" He said. "You're gonna pay!"

Even though the fangs grew back again instantly, Shadow was furious. You couldn't tell by his face. It was covered up with some masked that made it look like crystal. Or maybe that's his real face. I guess no one would really know. He can be anything or anyone he wants.

"Yeah, right. Just give the money back, Shadow. Before I beat you worse than last time." Captain said.

"Only because you said so, Captain" He said and threw the money in the air. He turn his hand into fire and burn the money as it fell. Captain Justice charge Shadow but he disappear. Captain Justice just stood there. People started cheering and praising the hero of Townville City. But I just called him Clark.

Clark Clarkson, my hero.

After the fight ended, I went to our meeting point. Our meeting point was a abandoned phone booth in 34th Street. The place where Clark and I met. I sat on the bench next to the booth. The street was empty, like it always is. A minute later, Clark was walking towards me. He was still wearing his superhero uniform and he had a frown in his face.

He peck me lightly on my lips and sat right next to me. He still had a frown and he let out a long sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"He always does the same shit! Every time!" He said. He meant Shadow. He hasn't been the first time this has happened. Actually, it happens on a daily basis. Sometimes that's how I felt, like my life was just a broken record playing the same note every day.

Forever.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"It's okay, babe" He said and kiss me deeply. Why are superheroes the best kissers?

I'm not going to lie. It has always been a fantasy of mine to kiss a superhero. I'm a nerd, more especially a comic nerd. I have all the issues I can get my hands into. My love for superheroes is huge. And my love for my boyfriend is big. But don't always feel like is mutual. It's one thing for a love to be one sided, but it's worse when one loves more than the other.

The kiss became deeper. Clark came closer to me. His strong and bulking muscle wrap me on him, with a strong grip. It felt good. Not great, but good. We kept kissing and rubbing for a while. Then he breaks the kiss.

"There's a party tonight at Jaden's. I would love for you to come" he said, smiling. Kissing me one more time.

"I don't do well at parties, Clark. You know that" I said. It was true, I don't do well at parties. I'm so awkward that I just sit in a corner. Reading a book and drinking pop.

"Please" He said with those puppy eyes. I just couldn't say 'no' to them. 

I sighed.

"Okay"

He kiss me deeply and said, "See you then" with a wink.

That night, I stood in front of Jaden's house for a minutes until I finally gain the courage to go in. With a deep sigh, of course. I push my glasses up. The house had all blinking and flashing lights. Loud music that couldn't even hear myself think. And this was just outside the house. When I got in, it was anarchy.

The music seem to be louder and the light brighter. People drinking, screaming, making out and dancing everywhere. This is why I don't go to parties, they are not my scene. I could never fit in here.

I was looking for Clark but didn't found him. I sat on the stairs of Jaden's house. It seem like the sanest place in the whole house at the moment. It let me have a view of all the party too. I took out my copy of Crime and Punishment and started reading. I really wanted to know how it ended but I got interrupted.

"Hey" someone said. I look up to see a hot boy smiling. I blushed. He had tanned skin and a muscular body. Dark black hair and grass green eyes. I couldn't help but wonder if I knew him. He looked incredibly familiar.

"H-hey" I said as my voice when out of tune.

"What's a hot thing like you doing here alone?" He said.

"I'm waiting for someone" I said.

"Your girlfriend?" He asked.

"No"

"So, your boyfriend?" He asked with a cocky smile.

"N-no" I said. My voice getting high pitch again. Clark is not out, yet. With being the All-American golden boy, it was hard for him to be open. He has to protect me from the super villains. This is what I told myself to not feel like a toy.

"Sure" He said with a chuckled. "Where is he now?"

Yeah, where are you, Clark Clarkson? I look from my view of the stairs to see where he is. I find him. He was having a drink and talking to some girl. Then she kiss him. And then he kiss her back. My heartbroke a little. But I always thought it would hurt more.

"Looks to me like he has found some else" The guy said. 

He still look really familiar.

"Maybe it's time you move on" He said with a cocky smile.

Then it came into my head. Jesse Metcalfe! That's him! But why is a hollywood actor doing in Townville City? What is he doing in a high school party. And that's when it hit me. Or more peck or push.

He kissed me.

________________________