Volume 5: Tricks or Threats

Volume 5

Tricks and Threats

If you want to be happy, be -Leo Tolstoy

________________

"Happy Halloween!"

Some drunk lady told me.

I awkwardly smiled and nodded.

She went away dancing, I guess. It was hard to tell what she was doing other than awkwardly moving her body.

Townville City has this annual Halloween Festival infront of the Eternal Companies buildings. Everybody wears costumes and masks. There is decoration and music. Kiosks and games. And lots, and lots of people.

Have I mention that I don't like crowed places before?

I don't.

In fact, I don't know how I feel being around people. I'm more of the stay-at-home kind of guy.

The reason why there is so many people here is that today is the day that people are not shallow. Since everybody is wearing hideous or awesome costume, no one really knows what people really look like. It was a fair ground for everybody. Especially the desperate people.

Why am I here if I don't like big crowds?

Well, I told two guys that I'll be here.

Yes, TWO. What the hell did I get myself into?

Last night, I fell asleep in Archer's shoulder after we kiss in the football stadium. Now, I can add this to the crazy and stupid things I done in my life. But I keep telling myself that it wasn't amazing. That my hand on his didn't give me sparks and made my stomach flip. That it didn't made me feel safe...

Which proves that I have some kind of mental issue because who feels safe around criminal. Is like feeling safe in a tank full of nuclear mutant sharks. Trust me, they are real. But I just can't seem to suppress the feeling.

There, in a wide open space, alone in the dark, with no security, just me and a criminal. There was where I felt safe. With the criminal's hand holding mine tightly, as if would he would never let it go. My head on his shoulder, my eyes close, my guards down, in a uncomfortable bleacher, I slept like a baby. And it was probably the best night sleep I have had in my life. But I wouldn't admit. He is a criminal, and I'm not going to fall for him. No matter how he makes me feel.

Besides I have a boyfriend. Point taken that he would never kiss me in a open area like that. He also hates cuddling or holding hands. And he is not the guy I have this feelings for. I like Clark but there wasn't any fireworks when we kiss. It was just a kiss. A shallow and lustful kiss. But it's better dating someone who is not wanted by the police in three different states.

So now I'm here, in the Townville City's Annual Halloween Extravaganza! Where half of the people here are drunk out of their minds.

I'm dress as Green Arrow. And not the tights and lame hat. I'm wearing dark jeans and a green hoddie with the hood on. I have sunglasses and a quiver with no arrows. Don't judge me, I am nerd.

I was looking for guy C, also known as Clark. He said he will be here in the plaza of The Eternal Companies building. I look around there is so many people. I think I'm claustrophobic now. Is there a phobia for crowds?

Then someone grab me from the back. I act instinct and punch him. Only it was like punch iron. It brought pain to my hand.

"Ow!" I complained.

The guy laughed. I glare at him and then notice it's Clark. He is wearing a very sexy policeman costume. Which is basically a tight policeman uniform with the shirt open, exposing very firm and defined muscles. He has a police cap and a black mask.