Volume 12: Secrets and Changes

Volume 12

Secrets and Changes

I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then -Lewis Carroll

________________

"I still can't believe you guys do this"

It was a cold night of February as we walked from my house to probably the most awkward night of my life. Archer was walking beside me, holding tight to my hand.

"Come on. It's not so weird. You make it sound like we are going to some kind of orgy or something." Archer responded.

I stopped my tracks and looked at him in worry. He looked back at me with a confused look and let go my now-cold hand.

"We aren't, right?" I asked.

Archer just smirked.

I glared back at him. He put him ran our my shoulder as we kept walking to our destination. We talked about random and trivial things on the way there. In no time we were at the place Archer told me we were going in the first place.

To be honest, the first time he told me the villains did this every week I laughed and he didn't. He said he was serious and laughed even harder. He asked me to joined him, them, once my laughter ceased. I soft declined and he 'maybe next time'. He insisted after that, various times and occasions. He stopped once I agreed to come with to this weekly occurrence.

And I was nervous. I mean, I thought Archer was using code words for this. What else was I ẁsuppose to think when he told me all the villains of the city got together to do this activity. But I finally gather all my courage to face the worse this group of villains could throw at me.

But it seem he wasn't using code. All of my preparations were in vain. He was telling the truth from the beginning, like always.

I stopped before the establishment for a moment.

It was all truth. They really did this every week.

They really went bowling together.

"What's the matter?" Archer asked, once it was evident that I was just standing there.

"I just thought you were using euphemisms or something when you told me of this" I said.

"Why would I do that?" He asked looking down at me with a smirk.

I just looked at him. "Don't play coy. You let on to believe that this was some kind malevolent or prevented reunion." I said.

He smirked. "I did no such thing." He laughed after he said that. I tried to stay mad at him but his laugh was enchanting and wonderful. When Archer laughed his whole being laughted. His aura rejoice and asked mine to join him in the celebration, which my aura could not denied. His laugh just made me feel happy all over.

"It's not funny, Archer!"

"Then why are you laughing, dollface?"

"Because, because you're stupid!"

"Oh, you'll pay for that, dollface" he said, grabbed by the waist and pulled me over his shoulder. He is too strong.

He then entered the bowling alley with me on his shoulder. I struggled to get loose but Archer's grip was too strong.

"Archer! Put me down!"

"Nope" he said, popping the 'p'. He just continue walking toward the shoe counter.

"Um, I can help you?" A voice said. I'm guessing it was the counter girl of the bowling alley.

"Yeah, can I get a size thirteen for me. And a size two for you, dollface?" he said, mockingly.