Volume 9: Raw and Personal

Volume 9

Raw and Personal

I do not love you except because I love you;

I go from loving to not loving you,

From waiting to not waiting for you

My heart moves from cold to fire

I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You by Pablo Neruda

________________

I was sitting in my usually table at lunch. Meaning that I was sitting alone. The only thing that kept me company was my copy of Battle Royale. The pages of the book took me completely from the boisterous lunchroom.

Until someone put a tray on my table rather loudly. I looked up to see Matthew smirking. He was wearing clothes this time. To be honest, a little part of me was sad about that. He took a chair just in front of me and start eating his burger nonchalantly.

I just stare at him. He kept eating his lunch. He didn't notice my glaring stare until moments later.

"What?" he asked, with a half full mouth of hamburger.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He swallowed and said, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm eating my lunch."

"Yes, I can see that. But, why are you here?"

He grinned and swallowed. "Boss' orders"

Archer treating me like I need someone to hold my hand the whole day, again. It has yet to be the moment where I was not beimg watch nor accompanied.

"And here I was thinking that you just enjoyed my company" I said.

I just went back to my book. I tried to read some pages.

"I don't see" he said, drinking some of his Coke.

I sighed. I knew I would regret this. I put my book down. "See what, Matt?"

"I don't see what Archer sees in you" he said.

I was about to answer when I realized it. I didn't know what Archer saw in me. He could be with however he wanted to. He could sweep anyone out of their feet.

What does he see in me? And more importantly, why now? Archer and I have been in the same schools for years. What is his sudden interest in me. I know I wonder before but between the intoxicating kisses and the emotional bombardment, I was completely distracted.

Could I really trust him?

I shook my thoughts away, again. Recently I couldn't control or tell my emotions. It was hard to distinguish between love and infatuation. I was really falling or was I just filled with hormones that blinded me.

It is so complicated to tell. But how can you. How do you know you're in love with a person?

The words in my book seem to lost meaning. I read them and read them but I couldn't understand them. The words were just drowned by the paranoid thoughts in my head.

Why did Archer have to come into my life? Or more importantly, why now?

Someone, or someones, banged their trays against the table. It seem that no one the school was civilized to put a cheap plastic plate on a simple table. I looked out of my book again.

It was the Four Elements but without their costume. I still didn't understand why they all hanged out together if they wanted to keep a secret. It was very obivious that they were all part of one of the biggest super villain group in Townville City. They didn't looked like siblings. The only thing that Scarlet and Anthony have in common physically is their fake black hair. Maria was tanned and skinny with Mexican physique. And Tyson was just a handsome mystery. He had this melting-pot of races on him. Between Pacific Islander and African features the boy was undeniably handsome.