Volume 16: Sticks and Stones

Volume 16

Stick sand Stones

The head never rules the heart, but it just becomes it's partner in crime -Mignonette McLaughlin

________________

Water was falling on my face and I hated that.

Also, I was going to die.

I was so in shock that the thought haven't sank in. My body has not yet figure how to move. My mind screamed with a boisterous, savage sound the certainly of my demise. My heart asked for Archer's embrace for one last time in a faint whisper.

My soul broken.

I kept falling. My life a lie. Nothing I need was true. My father was a rich, psychopath who tried to killed my mother and stole me from my father when I was a baby. My boyfriend hates for something I didn't do. My ex-boyfriend only dated me because my "father" told him and also he threw out of a building. So yeah, I could say that my mind might exploded either from the height and fall or the overload of emotions and information.

I kept falling thinking of a reason why my father didn't give a better ability than lie detecting. I mean, I'm thankful but he is apparently a genius. Couldn't he just give me something better.

I kept falling.

Why I am still falling? I mean, it's a tall building but shouldn't I have fallen against the concrete by now.

I opened my eyes, to see that I was floating next to the building a few floors under Raako's office. Could I float now?

I tried to touch around me only to feel gust of winds in form of some kind of nest that kept afloat. I would freak out or something, but this hasn't been the scariest thing that has happended this day.

Then I was moving forwards, instead of downwards. It was moving toward a open window of an office a few floors from Raako's. I couldn't see anything as I was carried into the room. It wasn't until the a flash of fire lighted the room that I saw my heroes, the villains.

It wasn't all the villains in the city but it was mostly Archer's close friends and the people from their group. It was front of them was Anthony, who extremely exhausted as he exrtended his hand to control the winds that had save me.

But Archer wasn't one among them. That hurt even more. Where's my villain?

And why would they save me? Why would they save me after that article was release? They had made it clear that they wanted to kill right at that moment and don't blame them. Knowing what I know now, I regret ever writing those things. It was just what Raako needed to bring down potential enemies. I wouldn't doubt it if himself hacked my laptop and exposed the article.

"Anthony?" I asked because I was still confused. I still wonder why was he here. But mostly because I felt alone and Anthony had become one of my closest friends in the last months. I needed a friend right now.

"Y-yeah" Anthony said, with a tired whisper. He dropped his hand in defeat and I felt rapidly to the floor of the office. It didn't hurt much but I wouldn't complain to someone after they saved my life.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard a voice say. A familiar voice filled with concern and care that wasn't directed at me, but at Anthony.

I looked to see a guy who looked like as tall and muscular as Clark but with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Jack?" I asked, out of sheer confusion.

He separated his deep stare from Anthony's eyes and smiled at me.