Volume 10: Warnings and Promises

Volume 10

Warnings and Promises

We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict -Jim Morrison

_________________

It seem like I could never have peace. When things turned bright again, someone had to go and break the lightbulb. It was jsut some vicious cycle.

Clark was just there, smirking. The bad kind of smirk, as I recently learned. He looked different though. His eyes were red and tiredsome. His skin almost looked like it was breaking. Like it was decomposing, though very slowly.

"Mario, nice to see you again, baby" he said, with a devilish grin.

"Don't call me baby" I said, frowning my eyebrows. I took one minute step back. I wondered if Archer was really followed me. I was very afraid that Clark would go all rampage on me again. I still have some of the bruises he left

He took a step closer. He came out of the shadows. I could see that he was wearing his Captain Justice costume without the mask. There was small splashes of dried blood on it through the red, white and blue.

"I remember when you used to love when I called you that" he said. He had this dark aura around him with the slight smell of funeral on him.

"Isn't it odd how flickle teenagers can be nowadays?" I asked, rhetorically. I looked around for a fast escape if things got ugly but I knew that Clark was superiorly faster than me. Like a bear, running away will just make him angrier.

"On the countier, dear, I just think teenagers just get lost or confuse from time to time and then just come back were they belong. Like you will soon." He said.

He took a step closer. I couldn't deny the hard beating of my heart and the sweat coming from my palms. I knew he could see it. I knew he could hear it. I knew he could smell the fear in every scence in my body. I was paralysed with it.

"W-what makes you think I would ever come back to you, Clark. I owe you nothing. You just think I still have some kind of feeling for you. I don't think I ever will. In fact, I know I never did!"

His eyes turn red, like that night in the newspaper room. He charged against me. His rampage bull body just pushed me heavily against a tree. My back pained from the impact. It felt as it was going to break. But it didn't, it just hurt.

He put his lips close to my ears as his hand gripped tightly and painfully against my forearms. I could smell blood hiding away with the strong scent of mint.

"Listen here and listen well, Mario Madison. You will leave that stupid excuse for a villain and come back to me, if you know what's good for you. And good for him." he whisper.

I was really hoping now that Archer was just a few feet away and that he would come to my rescue. I was almost hyperventilating under Clark's chest muscle pressing against me. My eyes were uncontrollably filled with tears. I was completely panicking.

His words sank later after I could get some kind of grip on my emotions and sences. I understood what he was saying and I was not going to let him push me around ever again.

It took all my strenght to push his heavily body away from mine. He fell onto the floor butt first with a thud. He looked at me with a fusion of anger and surprise, but mostly wrath. He tried to get up but I screamed.

"NO!" I screamed, loudly.

I was afraid but my fear was being suppress by my anger. I was tried of him and his dirty manipulations. I was finally happy. He was not going to ruin that.