Chapter 17: The Promise

BangTwice proceeded with their plan to purge the city and it was successful. As news of the cure spread worldwide, the zombie cases dropped. After several years, the worldwide pandemic finally disappeared and only memories of the dreaded time remained. This is the story of what happened to the 16 survivors and saviors of the time the world was in a total blackout.

3 YEARS LATER

Namjoon glances at Dahyun and asks, "Is Jeongyeon coming?" She eyes him and says, "I thought you promised Yoongi that you'd ask her out on a date." He blushes and says, "I've been waiting for the right time." Dahyun rolls her eyes and says, "Right time my ass, it's been 3 years." Namjoon blushes and says, "I-I..." Dahyun ignores him and suddenly calls Jeongyeon.

Dahyun says on the phone as she exclaims, "Where are you? I've been waiting with Namjoon for so long!" Jeongyeon replies, "Chill out, I'm walking in the restaurant now."

Dahyun glances to the door and her eyes widen in shock as Jeongyeon walks in. She says to the older, "W-what's wrong with you?" Jeongyeon stares at her confused as she asks, "What do you mean?" Dahyun says, "Y-you're wearing a lot of makeup... And your clothes..." Namjoon speaks, "I like it."

Jeongyeon blushes as she smiles and sits down. Dahyun says, "I ordered all the food and paid for everything. I am the leader by the way." Jeongyeon scoffs and says, "It's been 3 years, are you still going on about that?" Dahyun nods and says, "Once a Dubu Squad, always a Dubu Squad." Namjoon chuckles as he says, "How'd you get a reservation here? It's basically a Gordom Ramsay restaurant in Korea."

Dahyun smiles and says, "I'll pretend I know what that means. But I made a reservation for 3 like 2 years ago." Jeongyeon then smiles and glances at Namjoon as she asks, "So how have you been?" Namjoon smiles back and says, "You know, making music here and there. Doing business every now and then. What about you?" Jeongyeon says, "I did a few modeling gigs last week, now I'm taking a break."

Dahyun smirks mischievously as she watches the two talk it out. The young Dubu takes out her phone and pretends to answer a phone call, "Oh what? I have to go there now?     It's very urgent?    Oh no! I have a lunch.... The lunch can wait?" She catches the attention of Namjoon and Jeongyeon and says, "Oh sorry, guys. I have to go to something very urgent."

Jeongyeon asks, "Urgent? Is it bad?" Dahyun nods and says, "It's so bad that I can't tell you. But enjoy the lunch! I paid for everything so if you leave, you're ripping me off and ruining our friendship. Bye!"

Namjoon and Jeongyeon stare a Dahyun as she walks out the restaurant. Namjoon says, "What was that about?" Jeongyeon shrugs her shoulder and says, "But, we get a free lunch." He smiles as the food comes in. But as they start lunch, their conversations stop.

Namjoon looks up to see Jeongyeon completely devouring her food, not even looking up to him. He chuckles which gains her attention. Jeongyeon looks at him confused and asks, "Is everything okay?" He nods and says, "W-wait." She stares at him still confused as he says, "Y-you have something..."

Jeongyeon raises her eyebrow as he says, "Nevermind." He then sits up and leans over the table grabbing a napkin. Namjoon wipes the side of her lip and Jeongyeon suddenly blushes. But the romantic scene is soon messed up, as Namjoon clumsily loses balance and falls on the table. His chest hits the hot soup and he suddenly stands up with soup all over his nice shirt and his chest completely burning.

Namjoon gets embarrassed and his chest isn't the only thing heating up. Jeongyeon looks at him worried as she grabs a bunch of napkins and starts to dab his chest. Namjoon chuckles and says, "Sorry." Jeongyeon then says, "You could've just told me that there was something in my face." Namjoon laughs and says, "Sorry, I tried taking a chance."

Jeongyeon questions, "A chance?" He nods as they stand in the middle of the restaurant and says, "You know, make a romantic scene like in those dramas." Jeongyeon blushes and continues to try drying his shirt as she says, "Why would you want to do that?" Namjoon grabs a hold of her wrist while she dabs his shirt and says, "Because, I like you."

Jeongyeon is suddenly taken a back and her boyish and girl crush demeanor disappears. She get shy and whispers, "W-what?" Namjoon smiles and says, "I've been thinking about it. You and me make a good couple. We're both matured. You're more organized and have a great sense of humor. I'm not so dumb too and we both know how to handle any kind of situations well. We compliment each other well and cover each other's flaws. Like a match made in heaven. I've known this for a while." She stays quiet as he says, "But, I had to wait. I didn't know if I had feelings or if you had feelings. As time went on, I started missing the old times. You know running from zombies in our bus and living in a lawless world. Then I realized, I missed you too."

Jeongyeon replies, "You sound like a politician right now." Namjoon says a bit nervous, "O-oh, sorry." She then says, "NO, it's okay. I like it when you talk like that." Namjoon replies, "W-well, I can write you a 3 page speech if you like it so much." She suddenly snorts and says, "You're so lame." Namjoon smiles and says, "So?"

Jeongyeon replies, "So what?" He says, "I said I like you. So do you...." She then says, "Oh. Yeah, I like you too." He smiles even brighter and asks, "Really?" Jeongyeon smiles and nods back as she says, "How's your chest?" Namjoon glances at his messed up shirt and says, "I'm fine. We should really finish this food, Dahyun must've paid a lot." Jeongyeon glances at the messed table as Namjoon did fall on it.

Jeongyeon says, "Or we can leave it and grab some ice cream?" Namjoon says, "But Dahyun really planned out this lunch, she'll be disappointed if we don't finish it." Suddenly, Dahyun yells, "NO! GO ON YOUR DATE! I DON'T MIND!"

Jeongyeon then glances at Dahyun who's been watching them a few tables away and asks, "Have you been watching this entire time?" Dahyun smiles and says, "Yes, now go on your date! I'll be disappointed if you don't!" Jeongyeon then turns to Namjoon and he says, "You heard the boss. Let's go on a date."

Jeongyeon extends her hand and he takes it. Namjoon says, "So ice cream?" She nods and says, "And a walk in the park?" Namjoon replies, "I never saw you as a vanilla dater." She raises an eyebrow as she says, "We can cancel if you think it's too boring." Namjoon says, "I-I was kidding. Let's go."

To be continued...

{The rest of the book is what happens to the couples after the zombie apocalypse :P}

- author guy