Chapter 6: Slowly

"TAEHYUNG!"

Sana runs to push the zombie off his leg and its quick to grab her arm. She's ready to die for him here and now. He's helped her live for so long and this is how she repays him. Sana yells, "DIE YOU BASTARD!" A bright light shines behind her and the zombie's skin starts burning up and passes out.

Sana stares at it confused and says, "Y-yeah, that's right!" She then pulls Taehyung away as the sunlight hits her eye. She sighs in relief and says, "It's morning..."

She glances at the knocked out Taehyung and checks his breathing. She whispers, "You're still alive."

Sana quickly puts him on her back and says, "How heavy can you be?" She piggy backs him for about 1 minute and soon grows tired.

"SANA UNNIE!"

She looks up and sees a familiar smol bean. Tears start flowing in her eyes as she whispers, "Chaeyoung..." Her vision starts to darken as Sana whispers confused, "W-what? It can't be night time. It just-"

Sana suddenly passes out.

|Yoongi and Chaeyoung|

The two find a nearby gas station. Chaeyoung carries Sana while Yoongi carries Taehyung. They put the two down and quickly take their shirts off so they can breathe easily. Yoongi notices Chaeyoung staring at Taehyung's shirtless body and hisses, "Stop staring."

He then turns to Sana and blushes. Chaeyoung scoffs and says, "Look who's staring now." Yoongi quickly looks away and says, "It's not my fault." Chaeyoung raises her voice, "You've seen me shirtless for months! How is she any different?"

Yoongi whispers, "S-she's... bigger." A sudden smack hits the back of his head and yells, "WELL TAEHYUNG LOOKS HOTTER! YOU SMOL BEAN!" Yoongi looks at her a bit hurt and whispers, "I'm sorry."

Taehyung says in a groggy voice, "Y-yoongi?" Yoongi and Chaeyoung turn to him as he says, "You're awake." Taehyung then realizes something and looks around frantically. He raises his voice, "WHERE'S SANA!"

Chaeyoung points at Sana who's lying next to him. Taehyung glances at her and quickly looks back at the two with a blush. He stutters, "W-why is she shirtless? Why am I shirtless? Yoongi, why are you shirtless?" Chaeyoung says, "I'm shirtless too."

Taehyung stares at her confused then says, "You are?" Chaeyoung's face turns red not in embarrassment but in anger. She whispers, "I should've left you there to die." Yoongi explains, "It's easier to breathe and move around when you don't have a shirt so it means we can travel easily in the morning. When it hits night, we use our natural body heat to keep us warm."

Taehyung points at the two and says, "So you two cuddle shirtless when you sleep?" The two shorter nods their head shamelessly. Taehyung's jaw drops but is distracted when he feels someone grab his leg.

He turns in alarm but quickly calms down when he sees Sana half awake. She says sleepily, "A-are you okay?" Taehyung nods and asks, "What about you?" She nods too.

Sana finally sits up and bows her head feeling ashamed. She whispers, "I'm sorry." Taehyung looks at her confused as she says, "I promised I wouldn't be a burden but..." She suddenly can't speak as tears choke her words. Sana says, "But I'm literally holding you back.  The zombies wouldn't have found us if it weren't for me. You wouldn't have passed out if I wasn't there. You wouldn't be so sore if I wasn't there. You-"

Taehyung interrupts, "But I want you to be there." She suddenly meets his gaze as his face became serious and says, "Sana, you're not a burden. You're the opposite. You're my motivation. My motivation to keep going. I have to protect you. I have to make sure both of us make it out of this situation." Sana asks, "Why?"

Taehyung smiles at her and says, "So I can take you out on a nice date." Sana blushes and Chaeyoung clears her throat.

The two turn to her and she says, "When did you two become a thing?" Sana suddenly runs at the smaller and hugs her tightly. Chaeyoung is taken a back as Sana whispers, "You're alive. I missed you so much!" Chaeyoung blushes and hugs her back as she says, "I miss you too, Sana."

Sana then pulls away from the hug and says, "I have a question." All three gazes at her and she asks, "Was I shirtless this entire time?"

|Jin, Hoseok, Nayeon, Momo, and Jihyo|

All 5 meet in the living room as they eat dinner. It's instant ramen and water again. Things have been going better. Momo slowly opened up again thanks to Hobi's Therapy. Nayeon and Jin still bicker like the old married couple they are while Jihyo is basically everyone's child despite being the temporary leader.

Jin says, "Oh. We found something by the way." He pulls out this cracked iphone and Momo's eyes widen. She quickly grabs it and examines the case. Hoseok says, "We found it at a gas station about an hour away. Do you recognize it?" Momo's eyes tear up and she says, "I-it's Sana's."

Jihyo says in excitement, "So she's alive?" Jin says, "Well... When we got there, there were 2 dead zombies in the storage room. It looks like they shot but by the looks of things... Sana ran away and... we don't know where she is."

Momo says, "But she's alive?" Jin and Hoseok stay quiet. Jihyo says, "She can be. How did the zombies look?" Hoseok says, "The blood on the floor hasn't dried and there weren't much flies on the corpses. It was recent." Jihyo says, "See! If she stayed alive for 2 months by herself then she knows what she's doing."

Momo stays quiet as Nayeon says, "See there's still hope. Cheer up, Momo." Jihyo suddenly gets an idea and whispers to the two boys, "Hey, do you know the choreography to our song Cheer Up?"

Hoseok says, "Of course." Jin stays quiet and Jihyo says, "Let's dance." Jin stutters, "I-I don't..."

Nayeon slaps his back and says, "Just follow our lead, Mister Veteran Idol." Jin gulps and nods. The four suddenly stand and Momo stares at them confused. She asks, "What are you guys doing?"

And like that, they gave Momo a mini concert. They only danced to Cheer Up and Fire because that's the only choreography they could remember. At the end of the day, Momo smiled.

|Jungkook and Tzuyu|

Tzuyu wakes up first to see Jungkook sleeping cozily next to her. She yawns as she looks outside to see the bright sun over the city. She feels her cheeks and notice the dry tears.

Tzuyu stands and quickly stretches as she stares at the older man next to her. She doesn't know why but she's scared. Tzuyu looks like the tough type who'd be brave and ruthless during the apocalypse. There's a reason she's called the savage maknae but once the worst scenario hit, she freezes. Tzuyu was confident before but now that she doesn't know where her members are and if they are alive and the fact that she can die any day without living her entire life, she's scared. Without knowing, she's staring at the one person who's saved her in all those times she'd freeze.

Tzuyu hates to admit it but she's really thankful for Jungkook. Thankful that he's protecting her and thankful for his companionship and his presence. She whispers, "At least, I'm not alone." She sits down and places her hand on his sleeping face. Tzuyu whispers, "You're actually handsome when you're not conscious and annoying." She suddenly feels movement beneath her palm and see him smirking.

Tzuyu quickly tries to take her hand away but couldn't do it in time as Jungkook grabs a hold of her hand. Tzuyu says, "Let go." He says, "Why~ I know you're in love with me so-" She interrupts, "I don't like you. I'm only with you because of the zombie apocalypse." Jungkook says with his eyes still closed, "If you don't like me, then I'll leave. You can stay here alone and pray that some guy you like will rescue you." Unknowingly, tears form in her eyes as she imagines herself being alone during this time. Jungkook opens his eyes to see her tears eyes and frowns. He sits up and says, "I'm kidding. So stop crying, I'm not leaving you." Tzuyu wipes her eyes and says, "I wasn't crying." He rolls his eyes and says, "Whatever."

to be continued...

{Waaa, double upload!}
-author guy