Chapter 2: Hope

|Jin, Nayeon, Momo, Jihyo, and Hoseok|

"FUCK, HOBI! WHAT'D YOU DO?"

Jin and Nayeon make eye contact with each other then quickly run to their balcony. Tears form in Nayeon's eyes as Jin forms a big smile.

Nayeon yells, "JIHYO! MOMO!" 6 floors from the ground, her voice echoed through the empty streets.

Hoseok, Momo, and Jihyo look up from what seems to be a van. Jihyo yells, "NAYEON?" Nayeon yells back, "WAIT THERE!! JIN IS GOING TO GET YOU GUYS!"

They quickly get the three right before the sun goes down. The generators turn on and the three sit in the living room. They give each other hugs and cry for about an hour. After calming down, Nayeon asks, "H-how are you alive? How did you get here?"

Hoseok says, "When they first appeared, I was recording a variety show and these two were in a nearby studio. I went to say hi but the power went off and we lost signal. We barricaded ourselves in the studio for who knows how long."

Jihyo says, "A few days ago we found this working van and tried to drive and get help but... It broke down. Fortunately, in front of this place!" Jin asks, "You drove? Which means you know where to get more gas?" Jihyo says, "There are several gas stations near here. They're all inhabited and full of supplies. We only took enough to carry but we have to wait for tomorrow to get them."

Hoseok asks, "How about you? Were you two here for the past 2 months?" Jin nods and Nayeon says, "Good thing your voice is so loud, if we never heard you screaming from the 6th floor you would probably be stuck in that van." Jihyo rolls her eyes as Nayeon quickly notices Momo's silence.

She glances at the younger and Momo continues to bow her head without saying anything. Nayeon asks, "Momo? Are you okay?" Everyone turns to her as she mutters something. Nayeon and Jin raises an eyebrow as Momo whispers a little bit louder than before, "T-they killed him."

Nayeon's heart breaks not knowing who they killed and Hoseok is quick to embrace Momo in a hug. He says, "Shhh, relax. You're safe now." Jihyo says to Nayeon and Jin, "She's been traumatized because she ran into a zombie eating Hee-." Hoseok suddenly turns his head and Jihyo closes her mouth realizing her mistake.

The two glance at Momo who blankly stares at the floor muttering those 3 words again, "They killed him." Hoseok tries his best to comfort Momo as Jin brings Jihyo to another room. He asks, "Did you see any signs of the others?"

Jihyo then pulls out a paper from her back pocket and Jin opens it up nicely. It's a map. Jihyo says, "We've been driving around a lot. I picked up this map and marked the places we explored. Everything circled in red is a hotspot for zombies so we tend to avoid those locations. Those marked with a star is a gas station which still has supplies."

Jin says, "So nothing?" She shakes her head and says, "At least we found you guys. We could get the van working and start looking for the others in the morning. Do you have enough food?" Jin nods and says, "I restocked today."

Jihyo nods as Jin sighs in relief. She raises her eyebrow and Jin says, "Seeing you here makes me miss Namjoon." She continues to look at him curiously and he says, "It's good to have strong leadership here. I don't know how you do it." She chuckles and says, "Do what?"

Jin says, "Staying so calm when everything is falling apart, making great decisions even though you're under so much pressure, and fighting even though we have no hope." Jihyo smiles and says, "Someone has to be strong. We have to take than burden as the leader and the oldest. Plus, who said there's not hope." Jin glances at Nayeon and Hoseok who are comforting the traumatized Momo.

He says, "You're right. J-hope is right there."

|Taehyung and Sana|

"Sana, are you okay?"

Taehyung glances behind him to see Sana tiredly following along. She says, "I can't feel my legs." Taehyung sighs and quickly puts her on his back. He says, "Let's go, the sun is going down." Sana smiles and kisses his cheek as she rides on his back.

They finally reach their barricaded gas station. Taehyung puts Sana down as he checks on the barricades. After seeing everything is secured, he sees Sana lying on the makeshift bed. He quickly sits next to her and hugs her. He can feel Sana shivering from the cold and quickly tightens his hold.

Sana whispers, "T-taehyung, are we going to get out of here alive?" He says with his deep and reassuring voice, "Of course. Once it hits morning, I'll look around for more food and for our friends. Okay?" She whispers, "I want to help too. I promise I won't be a burden!"

Taehyung chuckles and whispers, "Of course, you're coming with me. I'm not leaving you alone here. I'll never leave you." Sana snakes her hands around his neck and says, "Promise?" Taehyung pecks her lips and says, "I promise."

|Dubu Squad|

Namjoon asks, "Try turning it on now!" Jeongyeon starts the engine and as the bus roars to life. Dahyun cheers, "YEAHHHHH! THE EAGLE BUS IS WORKING!" Namjoon smiles and Jeongyeon can't help but laugh.

Namjoon says, "Perfect, we just have to plate the walls and windows with some metal armor and we can get this baby running." Jeongyeon stares at the older and says, "Good job." He smiles back at her and says, "It was a team effort." Dahyung quickly bring the three together, "Dubu squad on three! One, two, three!"

Namjoon and Dahyun cheer, "Dubu squad!" The two stare at Jeongyeon expectedly as she says in defeat, "Dubu squad." Dahyun asks, "Where are we taking the Eagle Bus? Are we going to find the others?"

Namjoon nods and says, "We have to make a few pit stops at a line of gas stations but I can assure you we're going to find everyone." Jeongyeon sighs and says, "I hope they're all okay."

|???|

"Mina... Please, wake up."

to be continued...