Chapter 9: Maknae

"Momo? Where are you!"

Jihyo looks around frantically as she can't find the Japanese woman. She barges into the kitchen to see Nayeon trying to learn how to cook from Jin. The two look at her confused as Jihyo asks, "Have you seen Momo?" They shake their heads and the youngest leaves the room.

She barges into a bedroom to see Hoseok taking a nap by himself. Jihyo curses and quickly walks into every single room to look for her. She glances outside only to see the sun setting. Jihyo bites her lips then yells with her loudest voice "MOMO WHERE ARE YOU!"

Hoseok wakes up to the train's call and quickly runs to her side. He fixes his bed hair and says, "What's going on?" Jihyo says in a desperate voice, "I can't find Momo!" As if on cue, the front door opens to see Momo with two bags of canned food. Jihyo and Hoseok look at her confused as she breaks into laughter.

They stay quiet as Momo says, "What's with your hair?" Jihyo glances at Hoseok's messy hair then back at Momo. She asks, "Where did you go?" Momo replies, "A nearby gas station. I was getting hungry." Hoseok asks, "By yourself? What if something happened?"

Momo rolls her eyes and says, "You were sleeping. I didn't want to bother you. Plus, the sun is still up. Nothing would've happened." Jihyo stomps her foot and says, "I was worried sick! You should've told someone you were going." Momo replies, "I told Nayeon!" Nayeon joins in, "You did?"

Jin nods and says, "Yeah, she did." Jihyo turns to him and says, "You knew where she was? Why didn't you tell me when I asked!" Jin smiles and says, "Ahh, our little maknae. You're so cute when you're mad." Nayeon nods and says, "Aww, our adorable baby!" Momo pinches her cheeks and says in a baby voice, "Who's the angry baby? Who's the angry baby? You are! You are!"

Hoseok breaks into laughter as he says, "Maybe she's hungry. Did you check her diapers?" Jihyo pouts and says, "I'm not a baby! I'm the leader!" Nayeon says, "Aww, our little boss baby!"

While Jin and Nayeon continue to tease Jihyo, Hoseok walks next to Momo and says, "So you were fine going out by yourself?" Momo nods and says, "It was kind of scary but when I saw the sleeping zombies I wasn't that scared. I even threw rocks at some of them to vent my anger."

Hoseok scoffs and says, "How can you say that so casually?" Momo smiles and says, "Does that mean no Hobi's Therapy today?" He thinks for a bit and says, "We'll have a day off today. But it's great to see you're doing better now." She gets shy and says, "T-thank you." He looks back at her and smiles brighter than the sun.

Momo says, "It was hard getting over it and I'm almost there. So thank you for helping me." Hoseok says, "Anything for you."

|Jimin, Mina, Jungkook, and Tzuyu|

"Mina unnie?"

Jimin turns to see the two maknae. Tzuyu asks again, "Mina unnie? Is that really you?" Jimin whispers, "Tzuyu..."

Tzuyu runs to the laying down Mina and screams, "IT IS! Mina unnie, I missed you so much! You don't know how glad I am!" Jungkook notices Jimin's tears and that Mina doesn't react to Tzuyu at all. He asks, "Jimin, did something happen?"

Tzuyu turns to Jimin confused as Mina stays asleep. She asks, "Jimin oppa, is she still sleeping? Is she waking up soon?" Tears start flowing down his cheek as he stutters, "M-Mina is... dead" Tzuyu's eyes widen and so does Jungkook's. Tzuyu glances back at Mina and places her hand on her skin.

Ice cold.

Tears start to form in her eyes as she starts to get weak. She whispers, "M-Mina? He's lying right? You're not actually dead. Right? This is all a joke, right?" Jungkook sits next to her and places his arms around her. Jimin's vision is clouded with his tears as he repeats, "Tzuyu, she's dead."

Tzuyu says, "She's not dead! She just needs CPR! She just needs help! Mina's not gone! She can't be, she's the only member I've seen in months and you're telling me she's gone. You're telling me that my unnie is dead!" She quickly moves Jungkook's arm off her and cups Mina's cheeks. She performs CPR and mouth to mouth on the younger as Jimin stares at her completely broken. He yells one last time, "TZUYU SHE'S DEAD! MINA'S GONE FOREVER!"

Jungkook holds her back as Tzuyu can't help but sob. Jungkook's heart break seeing Jimin and Tzuyu like this. He then glances at Mina still not believing she passed. He whispers, "You're not supposed to be dead. We were all supposed to make it."

Tzuyu and Jimin continue crying as Jungkook notices a slight movement on Mina's fingers. He let's go of Tzuyu and nears Mina. He notices her hand clenching as he says, "She's moving." Jimin and Tzuyu glance at him.

Jungkook goes closer to Mina and touches her skin. It's warm. He says in disbelief, "She's alive?" Jimin comes closer and pushes Jungkook away. He places his hand on her chest and says confused, "S-she has no heartbeat and she's freezing cold."

Jungkook puts Tzuyu behind him and asks, "Jimin, how did she die?" Jimin's eyes widen as he stutters, "S-she was bitten."

Mina suddenly gets up on pounces on Jimin. Her eyes are white and skin completely pale. She growls trying to bite him and he keeps her face away. Tzuyu suddenly faints in shock. Jungkook is quick to push Mina off of Jimin and put her in a chokehold. He prepares to break her neck but Jimin yells, "DON'T! That's still Mina!"

Jungkook keeps the Japanese zombie in a bind as he yells, "She's not Mina anymore! We have to kill her before she kills us!" Jimin yells, "You kill her, I kill you! We're going to cure her! Don't you dare think about ending her life!" Jungkook yells back, "SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!"

Jimin yells back, "NO SHE'S NOT! I'M GOING TO SAVE HER! HOLD HER STILL, I'LL GET A ROPE!" Jungkook scoffs as he places his full strength in restraining the zombie Mina. He then glances at the passed out Tzuyu and sighs. He can't kill her. Tzuyu wouldn't want to. Jimin wouldn't want to. He doesn't want to.

After Jimin helps restrain Mina, Jungkook quickly carries Tzuyu to a nearby bed. He takes a wet cloth and starts cleaning her up. They've been traveling for a while so she's sweaty. He glances at the sleeping Tzuyu, holds her hand, and sighs, "Ahh, you're so pretty." After a few hours of waiting for her to wake up, he finally calls it a day. Jungkook tries to stand and move to another bed so he can sleep but someone holds him back.

Jungkook glances at her hand he's been holding and notice that she tightened her grip as he's leaving. He asks, "Tzuyu, are you awake?" No response. Jungkook smiles and says, "You don't need to answer, I'll stay by you so don't get sulky. K?" No reply but Jungkook doesn't care. He's reassured by her strong grip on his hand that she wants him there. He glances at her sleeping features and whispers, "See. I told you that you fell for me. Well, I hope you did because I totally fell for you."

to be continued...

{Waaa, another double upload! Thank you so much for supporting this book!}

- author guy