Chapter 34

There it was.

That psycho smirk I wished I could punch off his face.

He knew.

"The phone's gone."

"My heart plummeted as all the hope drained out of me, but I kept my stoic as to not give him any indication of such a feeling. 

"I saw your eyes searching your pocket jackets. They flickered there quite often," he smirked. Pervert. I wanted his eyes off me. It was getting disgusting.

I still kept my silence and looked straight ahead at the door instead. 

He didn't like the lack of attention he was receiving. His smirk wavered and he grabbed my face, forcing my eyes to look at him again. 

"We've contacted the police through that little walkie talkie you brought along with you. Thought it might come really handy. It did. We've called them over 45 minutes away from this location to come collect your mom in exchange for the USB. You'd be surprised at how they didn't even ask about you. They're selfish, aren't they?" he continued. 

I let nothing show on my face.

"I don't like this lack of response."

I said nothing. 

"You know what? I know how to bring a reaction to your face," he said and in all anger, he brought one of his knives down to my arm and scraped right past it until there was a gash of blood there.

Gosh, that really stung. But don't let it show just yet. Not yet. I was finding a weak spot here.

He glared at me before smiling again. 

That smile again. It fooled loads. Could've fooled me too. 

He could've passed by me a thousand times and I wouldn't have been suspicious. Hell, who am I kidding? He probably has done just that.

The thought made me sick to my stomach. 

Oh, how proud he must've been of himself.

"Never mind, I have a better idea." He blindfolded me again. I tried shaking my head a couple of times to prevent him from doing so. But the man was persistent and rough. My heart pounded again. 

Was he just going to murder me? Was this the end? Should've I just not have tested him? 

There was a probable yes as an answer to all those questions.

He taunted me for a long time. Did the same thing I did to him. He tortured me with silence. But my case was different. I was defenseless. Scared. And most certainly unsure of what came next.

And then there was shuffling. A squeak of another chair here and there until the deafening silence wore upon me again.

"Surprise," a breath of voice came right beside my ear causing me to jump away from it. 

And then they let light flood into my eyes. My eyes squinted to adjust to the lighting again but breath got stuck in my throat as I noticed what they'd done.

"Mom," I let out in shock. My hands trembled as my face contorted into one of evident pain. "Mom! MOM! Mom, are you okay? Mom. Mom, please. Say something! Please, mom."

Weren't they tired? Of giving me such pain. They'd been giving me pain for over two years now. Weren't they just tired like I was?

"She isn't even awake," I pleaded to the man beside me. "Please help her. And please don't move her around. She's in a critical state and she's clearly lost a lot of blood. Please get her an ambulance. Please. . . just let her live. Please."