Chapter 15

Hi guys! I'd just like a moment to thank @RobinWithoutHoodie for the amazing cover up there! I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for making it! <3

________________________________________________________________________________

"Sign here."

I obeyed as I didn't have any other choice and signed my name on the spot he had pointed at. This had been going on for far too long. There was only so much of torture I could take. "Here as well," he pointed at yet another part of the page I had to sign on. I did as he said and sighed, wondering when all of this would be over.

He flipped the page and cautiously took a look at my face. I groaned. "Last one, I promise." I sighed and nodded and signed all the spots that said to sign on. Once I was sure that I was done, I pumped my fist in the air. "Freedom!" 

He rolled his eyes and shook his head at my childish behavior. In my defense, that was a whole load of paperwork I did. When he said there was a 'bit' of paperwork, I didn't think he meant a whole hour of signing and sh*t like that. Like come on, give a girl a break sometimes. I had just finished all of my classes and I was looking forward to sprawling across my bed and relaxing when Coach called me over reminding me it was Tuesday and that I was supposed to fill in the forms. When he told me that he was looking for me all day, I felt honored that I was worth his time but as soon as I saw how thick all the papers looked when they were bound together, I wished for nothing more than a knife so I could stab myself.

"Now I not only have to deal with the boys, I have to deal with you as well." Coach shook his head, a faint smile showing.

"Always to the rescue!" I brought my fingertips up to my forehead and saluted.

"I wouldn't call it rescue exactly," he winced. "I wonder how you played quarterback for so long. You get tired so easily."

I would have commented on that if I hadn't caught on his words. "How did you know?" I asked, my voice dangerously low.

"You don't take me to be stupid, do you? I do my research. I don't just offer a position for anyone to be my assistant that easily. I saw your video in which you played last year."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh!" I tried to play it casually. "That! You mean the video in which I applied for this University when they asked about extracurricular activities? Ah, yes! Now I get it!" I nodded my head vigorously.

"Yes, that," he raised an eyebrow, amusement evident as his lips quirked upwards.

"Right." I was moving backward to get going when I bumped my elbow into the chair behind be. I must recommend that everyone try not to do that because the sting that follows once you do is unbearable. For a few seconds maybe, but unbearable, I tell you.

Coach just burst out laughing. "Watch your step, Anderson." Still in pain and red in the face due to the embarrassment, I merely waved and walked out. Thought I could save some more embarrassment and walk out peacefully. I seem to have done enough already.

"Sam! Wait up!" he ran out to catch up with me. Still a little red, I gave him a questioning look.

"Yeah?"

"Practice tomorrow. Five thirty. Be there on time." I looked at him weirdly. That soon? Was he really that eager to have me teach the team? I feel bad for the boys already. Speaking of which. . .

Coach seemed to know what I was thinking of because as soon as I looked at him with yet another questioning gaze, he assured me, "They know. The boys know about you. I told half of them since they had P.E. two periods before, right after lunch. Your batch, however, still don't. Either way, word travels fast around here, they'll know soon enough. You know the basics and positions of the team members, right? Or do you want me to brief it with you?"