Chapter 8

(Sam's POV)

The week had passed by and I was recovering from the initial shock of getting those nightmares once again. As scary as that sounds, I was getting used to them. No, I never will stop gasping and panting for air if those dream come, but at least I'll be expecting it. 

It was so hard to sleep this past week. I'd stayed awake for hours to the end in the fear of having those nightmares again only to find myself getting ready for classes without an ounce of sleep.

My eyes looked puffy and I could no longer concentrate in classroom without feeling like I could just doze off any second. 

"Hey, Sam," someone shook me. "Sam!"

I rubbed my eyes and blinked them open. "Yeah?" 

"Sam, you have to get some sleep," he stated. Now, I never thought this day would come, but yes, Alex was actually being pretty considerate and kind about this whole situation. Even if he and Brad didn't know what was going on, I'm pretty sure I was giving them the clear signs of something not good.

I had yet to talk to mom about this whole thing and I was planning to do it today. Before, I start failing the exams that are really necessary for me. University is very important to me and I was not letting sleep take that goal away from me.

I had my mind set on talking to mom after I was done with this day. Saturdays were off, so I was good as Saturday was tomorrow, so I wouldn't have to stress out or anything for the day after. I'll have a nice, peaceful talk with my mother today to clear this mess out.

"Yeah," I laughed, but it came off sleepily.

"Sam," he sighed. "Get up."

"Already?" I questioned, however it was muffled.

"Sam, keep your eyes open." This time it was a different voice, more feminine. It was then that I realized that I was half-sleeping. No sleeping, Sam, you've got a test after this.

Oh, crap, the test.

I shot up on my hair and took a deep breath with my eyes wide open. "Please tell me one of you has the books for the test?" I prayed silently. Cecilia pressed her lips into a thin line and shoved the book towards me.

"Thank you! God, Ceci, you're a life saver," I told her as she waved it off as if she was a great person making me roll my eyes.

I flipped through the pages quick making notes as I went along. Thankfully for me, there weren't many pages to study and I managed to complete right before the bell rang and we had to go to our next class. 

"Phew!" I wiped the imaginary sweat from my head dramatically. "That's a load off my shoulders."

"Oh crap, we had a test?" Brad butts in after seeing my book. Is he like blind or something? Cause I do remember just stating that we had an exam and I was studying like a maniac for the past twenty minutes. How he didn't notice that is beyond me. 

"How did you not notice I was studying?" I narrowed my eyes and looked at him in disbelief, voicing my questions out loud.

"I don't know," he pouts. "Maybe cause you look the same studying and without."

"I don't even get what you mean," I stated after thirty seconds of trying to comprehend what he meant.

He gives me a flat look. "It doesn't take a genius to know. You look dead either ways."

My jaw dropped open and I shoved him lightly after punching him jokingly on the shoulder and feigning hurt. Cecilia and Alex were too busy laughing as well. "I'm very alive for your kind information." I sat up straighter on my chair and fixed my imaginary tie whilst laughing.