Chapter 1

"Sam! Wake up!"

What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

I groaned and flipped over in bed but as luck would have it-- I fell off. And a beautiful way to start it.

"Ouch," I complained while I rubbed my eyes with my hurt arm and rubbed my wound with the other. Stupid bed, stupid me, stupid everything. 

"Charles! Get her out of bed this instant!" mom called out to dad.

It's not like she was an early riser! Dad was. She was just like me. However, I like to believe she just likes to see me in pain. Well, excuse me for not wanting to get up early! Not all people in the world like mornings! Especially me!

At the name of dad, I shot out of bed. You see, my dad wasn't normal. Nope. He was a crazy psycho. He wasn't as crazy as the rest of us-- in fact, he was quite sane compared to us-- but mark my words, he's crazy. Who wants to wake their child through torture?

My dad always went to extreme measures to get me out of bed in the morning. Yesterday, he threw the whole bucket of water at me just to get me up and the day before that he brought in a plastic trumpet that makes a whole lot of noise if you just press a button! The whole house could get up by just a click. I don't even know where he got those from. Maybe it's just one of the old toys I had when I was a kid. How do the batteries still work? Maybe he got new ones from the store. Whatever, not the point.

I do hope I would get revenge. But I'm still not certain how or when. Or anything. But I will. You keep watching, dad, I will. I've made it my life mission! Not really, though. I'm just going to stop with my stupid thoughts.

"I'm up!" I announced and ran into the bathroom to get ready. I was too pissed at mom and dad to go down and tell them 'good morning' and things like that. They didn't deserve any kindness from me. Even if I did ask them to do all it takes for them to get me out of bed today. Today was my big day. But I still don't think it was worth getting out of bed for. But maybe I'm saying that because I'm still sleepy. What is up with me and rambling in my head? 

Once I finished taking a bath, I changed and went down make-up less. I knew I would get a good scolding from mom, but make-up just irritates me. I don't have anything against people putting it on though, I just think it's pointless. Who's there to impress? 

I texted my best friend, Gabriella- Gabby- as it was too long to say all the time. It was a bit saddening to know that I was going to leave her and then meet up with her in god knows how long, but I really think we made up for the time we were going to separate in the past week. We had sleepovers, pictures in our phones, and quite a few memories to last us a lifetime. How could I forget the boys? Yup, they were included in them. Even if they practically shoved their ways in.

My name was a different story, even though my name was Samantha, I got pissed off at whoever called me that; Sam was just fine. Sam. Recite it again and again. It's not that hard to remember. In fact, I don't even know why my parents would name it so long. Sam. See? Short and simple.

God, even the teachers knew better than calling me Samantha, and they wouldn't, not unless they want a death wish anyway. And as much as they all hate me, they can't deny the fact that I've got good grades. And the principal loves me. Which is why I almost never get into trouble, even if I actually do. Does that make sense? The best part is that I could proudly boast that I never got into trouble on my application- even if I actually did. They never found evidence on me so I never had gone into detention or anything like that. Lucky me, huh? 

I made my way downstairs only to be greeted by the biggest surprise-- not really, I think I'd chop their heads off if they hadn't come- but, a surprise nonetheless. All of my friends were here to send me off to university-- wait, where's Gabby? Oh god. I'm going to kill her if she doesn't come in time.