Chapter 12

I opened the door as the bell outside rang, seeing that Ceci was still in the washroom.

"Uh... Hello?" I cleared my throat as Coach came into my view. "Um.. Coach?" Right. Trouble alert! "What a pleasant surprise!" I quickly added in politeness in case it came out the wrong way. The only problem was that I kind of knew what his purpose of visiting was.

And I was not-- nope, not even in the least bit-- keen on discussing it.

He looked up. "Yes, Sam. May I- may I come in?" he asked gesturing to the inside of my dorm. I tilted my head to the side and raised an eyebrow before nodding and stepping aside to let him in. Huh, he was stuttering like he was the nervous one around here. I took a deep breath in as I watched him get in.

"Is anyone else in?" he asked. I was just about to answer when Ceci stepped out of the bathroom. She gave me a questioning look and then sent a polite smile to Coach. "Ceci," he smiled, greeting her.

"Morning, Coach. You two having a talk?" she asked, looking at me for answers.

"Yes, actually. I came here to talk to Sam about something."

"Oh," Ceci's eyebrow shot up, "I was heading out anyways. Good day, coach."

"You too," he nodded and Ceci went out to door leaving me to fend for myself. What an amazing friend I have. Not thinking twice before leaving me alone. The thought made me want to roll my eyes so bad that it was hard not to roll my eyes. Well, that sounded like some gibberish nonsense.

"So... Sam. I assume you have a basic idea to why I am here right now," he started off. No, sh*t. Why do you think I'm panicking right now?

I nodded my head, afraid that I might blurt out something I wasn't supposed to. So, yes, keep my mouth shut while I can.

"How did you-" he started off before I cut him off staring at the door longingly as if I could just somehow jump through the door without Coach knowing. Of course, that's not really going to happen- unfortunately. It made me want to pout but then I realized I had a situation at hand.

"The weather's nice today, isn't it, Coach?" I interrupted, smiling innocently waiting for an answer. I knew what I was doing though. I was trying to change the topic. Well, obviously.

He looked startled as he giving me a clueless look and he cleared his throat, shaking his head at the floor. "Well, yes, but I came here to discuss-"

"Exactly my point! We should be out eating some ice-creams! Ooh, which flavor do you like? My favorite is bubblegum because it's just so good. Like, oh my god, my mouth's already watering. I like chocolate too. Vanilla's as well. Actually, now thinking about it, I like all the flavors. But bubblegum the best. It always is. I mean, it's really, really, really amazing. What's yours?" I finally concluded my rant with that same innocent smile still plastered on my face. It was all supposed to be a distraction to be honest.

"I-"

"Wait a second. I just remembered. Wait, how could I forget? I mean, of course, it's me. But still, how even?!"

With that baffled and completely confused yet weirded out look on his face, he went on to stop me before I could continue. "What are you talking about?"

I gave him a sheepish smile. To be honest, I had no clue what I was talking about. Just trying to get him to run away from how weird I am. "I-I forgot." I blushed.

"Seriously?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Oops?" A nervous laugh was emitted by me.

He face-palmed. "How old are you again?"