Chapter 13

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

**************************************************************************************************************

Exiting my business class, I join Ceci as she happily sings her way out. I raise my eyebrows at her over excitement. I rolled my eyes, but smile nonetheless. As if her normal self isn't enough to handle. 

"What's got you this happy today?" I ask, laughing as she starts skipping with a big smile on her face like an eight year old. 

She narrows her eyes questioningly, a faint smile still existent. "Is there some problem? Last time I checked, anyone was allowed to be happy anytime they wanted."

"Not this happy though," I laughed again, "you look like you'd do the happy dance any second now. And I mean the embarrassing type. Like jumping around and clapping your hands like a madman in the middle of the hallway."

"Excuse me?!" Ceci snapped making a 'z' formation with her fingers in a sassy manner "Is this your subtle way of insulting me?" She crossed her arms across her chest and whipped her head away from me-- jokingly, of course -- and pushing her nose up the air.

"Why, yes!" I gasped mockingly, "How did you know?"

"Because I know everything!" she laughed evilly before looking at me. The both of us looked at each other for one second before we both burst out into laughter. What even was that? We laughed so hard that tears were forming in our eyes and our stomachs hurt.

"Do we even want to know why they are laughing like dying hyenas?" Alex whispered, a bit too loudly, to Brad whilst staring at us in a weird way. Like I stated before, I really don't think he can whisper because he just... can't

Brad gave him an uneasy glance before answering, "Nope, I don't think so." Our laughter died instantly. Why did god gift us with two absolute buffoons as friends? I don't think I'll be knowing for a very long time. Not until I die at least. Which I don't want to do any time soon. Why am I talking about dying? I'm not dying. Problem solved. 

"-unless you want to be dead," Huh, Ceci's talking about dying as well. Not her, of course. She means Alex and Brad. Speaking of, I might be next on the list if I space out again. "-right?" she finished. I gave her an alarmed yet confused look as I had no idea what she was talking about, but she was looking at me so I think I'm expected to give an answer. Whatever, just go with the flow, Sam.

I broke into nervous laughter. "Yes, yes! Why not? Of course!" All of them gave me blank stares. I turned my face neutral and stared back at them. "What?" I shrugged innocently. Ceci shook her head. 

"Just drop it," she face-palms and gives me a flat stare. "I can't even deal with you guys anymore," she struggles to keep the smile off her face. "Anyways, I'm going! Enjoy your time in P.E! Toodles!" she wiggles her fingers and turning around, she heads off to whatever class she has next. All of us  just stood staring after her skipping figure as it got smaller and smaller as she went further away. 

"Did she just say toodles?" Alex questions staring after her figure.

"Yup, man, she just did." Brad deadpanned shaking his head with a raised eyebrow. He said it so seriously that I couldn't have stopped my laughter if not for the second bell ringing that was our warning bells; to tell you to get into classes faster.

"I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I want to get late to P.E." I interjected, going in the direction of my class. Thankfully, my locker was on the way, so I shoved my books in and grabbed my shorts before moving on to the changing rooms to change into them.