Chapter 4

I pushed open the school's library door and walked in. There were shelves with books surrounding on every single corner and over fifty computers with headphones attached. These computers were mainly used for skyping and unfortunately, my own laptop was dead as I forgot to put it on charging as soon as I came in.

If you were wondering what happened with me and jerk earlier in the cafeteria, there's nothing much to say. We avoided each other and just went with the flow. Apparently, I have to sort out my problems with him as he's actually a nice guy. Brad's words, not mine. And nice guy, my foot. Let's not remind myself of him helping me, yeah? Good.

Other than that, Cecilia just showed me the directions of the library. Surprisingly, it was actually really good. Managed to impress me. The books neatly arranged in a pile and the computers lined up on the table, the library looked colourful, contradicting my imagination which was thinking it'd rather be surrounded with dull colours. So far this University was amazing- except for the part when I met jerk. Yep, still regretting that.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Cecilia clicked her fingers in front of me causing the librarian to shush us as she sent a stern glare towards us and motioned to the couple of students talking to their parents -a few to their girlfriends- in hushed whispers. Then she pointed towards the sign saying that you weren't allowed to speak normally in the library till 7:30 in the evening. I looked down at my watch- we had ten more minutes to go.

There was no point of this. I could literally just talk to my parents with my laptop within the next few minutes- at least, so I hope.

I sent her an apologetic smile as I headed back to exit and she nodded, acknowledging it.

"There was no point of it," I told Cecilia when we were out in the open, a safe distance away from it.

"Didn't you just say you wanted to talk to your family and use the computers?"

I laughed. "You'll see what I mean in a few."

She looked at me whit a confused expression yet slowly nodded.

"So, how did you know Alex in the cafeteria? Never got a chance to ask you back there."

"Long story short, I bumped into him and he helped me a couple of times," I sighed before adding, "I make him sound like a good person. That sounded way better in my head."

She raised a perfectly plucked brow. "I still don't see how you practically became enemies in the span of a few minutes."

"I don't know how that happened!" I threw my hands up in frustration, "It just happened!"

She rolled her eyes. "I kind of see why... You two have similar personalities and, therefore, they just... I don't know... clash?"

I could swear my breathing stopped for a second. She couldn't know that I played football, right? I couldn't bear to answer all her questions...

"Sam?" She snapped her fingers in front of my eyes for the second time today, waking me up from my thoughts again.

"What's up with you zoning out?" She laughed. Her laughter was contagious and I ended up laughing along with her as well over such a stupid thing. We were laughing so much that we couldn't even stop. One look at the other's face and we burst out into laughter once again. Oh, weren't we just the sanest people in the world?

"Wait a second... we reached?" She questioned in disbelief as our dorm came into view. She looked around, her jaw hanging. "That was fast," she laughed.

"We were too busy laughing, I guess," I shrugged but then remembered that the same thing had happened with Alex this morning. Now thinking about it, today was so tiring and long! "This also happened with Alex and me, today."