White trail, white lies

"This is way more than I intended to buy Jan." After two and a half hours of shopping, running into a few fans and the paps, we were finally back at the ranch. I'd expected Michael to be home by now, but of course he was nowhere to be found.

"Well it's not that bad. At least now you have a variety of outfits for tonight." She was sprawled out across the bed, probably equally as exhausted as I was.

"Oh no, I already know exactly what I'm wearing." I said, picking up one of the boxes from Belle Mode.

She rose up to rest on her elbow, "Let me see." She nodded towards the box.

Opening the box I picked up the dress from underneath the tissue paper and holding it up to see it better. Janet held a piece of the fabric in between her fingers, feeling the softness of it. " This would be perfect." She paused for awhile before she began again. "Now go and get ready! I only have two hours to work my magic!"

I shook my head and laughed as I made my way to the bathroom to shower. With the nice warm water and steam soothing me, I was able to simmer down and think. I couldn't help but to wonder what Michael had planned and I also wondered if he was still upset with me. I suppose he still would be, it wasn't a light situation. But at least he showed signs of forgiving me.

As soon as I exited the shower the only thing I was allowed to do was dry myself and put on clean underwear. Everything else was in the hands of Janet. First it was my hair; curling it and putting it in a nice updo, leaving a few bouncy curls to hang. Then it was the makeup that she painted on my face that's ending results were barely noticeable. Finally it was getting into my dress.

"Well you don't need my help putting on this dress on so I'll be heading out now." Janet said with a clap of her hands. "I'll see you later babe." She reached out to me and gave a tight hug.

"Thank you so much Janet." I said with a smile. "I love you."

"Love you more girly." And she left.

I turned myself in the mirror and let out a surprised gasp. I couldn't believe that it was me in the mirror. I brushed my hands across the skirt of my dress.

"Oh, I almost forgot." I walked over to the dresser and picked up the small black box, opening it and taking out the necklace. I raise it up to my neck and latch the ends together. It was absolutely beautiful.

All of the curiosity and the anxiousness came rushing in now that I was ready. I was dying to find out what Michael had planned, and most of all I was just excited to see him. Walking down to the bottom storey of the room I tried to think about what could possibly be waiting for me downstairs, but nothing came to mind. My heels clicked on the floor as I neared the bottom of the steps. I could see a small stand with a single white rose and yet another card. Picking up the card, I shook my head then opened it.

Follow the petals

That's when I noticed the small trail of white rose petals. I placed the card back on the stand, picked up the rose and continued to walk, doing just what the card said. They lead me right out onto the patio. Decorated gracefully, it was easily one of the most beautiful things that I saw; lights hung above in the towering trees illuminated the darkness, and roses placed all over creating a light fragrance in the air. But the thing I noticed most, was the being sitting at a small round table with a white cloth thrown over, already set for dinner. He was looking down at the fingers in front of him that made a tasks of tangling themselves, but once I fully stepped out onto the patio, his eyes were focused on me. A smile formed, and he walked over to greet me, taking me into a warm embrace. I held on tight, taking in his scent and the warmth that radiated from his body. His fingers traced up and down my spine, causing me to shiver.