Back To The Future

One word. One word had the ability of changing peoples lives forever. One word that could either lead to a life filled with joyful and happy days or lead it to a future filled with pain and sorrow; either way, something had to be said and in the end I knew exactly what was needed for me to say. Who would have thought one word was so powerful?

Last Night

"Selena Henson, will you marry me?" He pulled out a small, round black box. He opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring that I had ever seen.

I wiped my face as a fresh river of tears spilled from my eyes, blurring my vision. I watched the expression on Michael's face turn from happiness to anticipation within seconds. I knew he thought that I was hesitating,but in all honesty I knew my answer from the moment I first said 'I love you' to this man, my words just didn't want to come out, piling themselves in my vocal cords. I swallowed my nervousness and gave him a small smile, which immediatley resulted in a huge one in return.

"Yes," I started, mustering up all the confidence I had in me "yes Michael Jackson, I will marry you."

Present

I sat on the bed and stared at it, the sun glinting off of it. It was there and I couldn't take it off now, I said Yes and now I couldn't take it back. I was extremely scared, I wasn't stable enough to get married. I hadn't fully revealed myself to Michael, I hadn't told him the truth- the whole truth. Well, if I must be honest, I never lied about anything, but I still felt guilty for the one thing I hadn't told him. It was damaging my mind, making me phsyco. I couldn't hold it in any longer, especially now that we were engaged.

I slowly rised from the bed and made my way into the bathroom. Michael was downstairs, making breakfast I guess. I turned on the shower and got in. I let down my hair and stepped under the water, closing my eyes and took a deep breath. I thought over what happened last night for the twentieth time. I knew why I started to cry, I was having a semi-nervous break down. I was nervous, but the guilt rushed onto me all at once.

Michael's Point View

Happy is not the word I would use to describe what I was feeling right now. If there were even a word for this it probably would be something like 'asdkyubvfthdn', something in that nature. It was an amazing feeling. I was engaged to the most gorgeous woman that walked this earth.

I was currently standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast, something I hadn't done in months. I couldn't get my mind off the fact that she said yes. Honestly, I half expected her to say No, not that I didn't have faith, but I know if she sat and thought about why she shouldn't say Yes, she would've said No.

Last Night

"Yes," She said, "Yes Michael Jackson I will marry you."

My heart dropped, "Yes?"

She giggled, "Yes."

An immediate smile formed on my face, I took the ring from the box and placed it on it's rightful home. I got up and pulled her up into a tight embrace.

I let her go and placed both my hand at the sides of her face. "You make me happy." I said before kissing her soft lips.

Present

"Liberian Girl

You Know That You Came

And You Changed My World,

I Wait For The Day,

When You Have To Say

'I Do',

And I'll Smile And Say It Too,

And Forever We'll Be True

I Love You, Liberian Girl,"

I sang to myself as I flipped over a pancake.

"You know, that song would be perfect" I heard Selena say, "if I were Liberian."

I laughed and gave her a kiss on her cheek as she came over to me. I looked at her full figure. She was dressed to go out.

"Going somewhere today?" I curiously asked.

She sat on a stool at the island. "Yeah. Alejandra is in Cali., She's taking me to a mall. "

I smiled and passed her a plate.

"OMG Ale. He proposed! " I mocked her.

"Shut up." She laughed.

I grabbed my plate and sat next to her. We never said anything else as we ate.

"You okay?" I asked, she hadn't said much all morning.

"Yeah." she seemed really hesitant.

"Should I not have proposed? Because I'm-"

"Michael stop. I'm fine, please stop asking if I'm okay."

"Fine. You don't have to beat me up for worrying about you." I said, getting up and putting my plate into the sink.

"I'm sorry." She replied lowly, dropping her head. I came behind her and kissed the top of her head.

After breakfast I walked Selena outside, waiting with her for Alejandra. About five minutes into the wait a black convertible pulled up.

"Hey Ale." I said with a wave. She rolled her eyes and turned her head away from me. "She still doesn't like me huh?" I asked, turning back to look at Selena.

She shook her head and smiled, "Be good." She said and leaned in to give me a quick kiss before walking off towards the car.

"You look good in red Mike, it brings out your eyes." Alejandra yelled from the car. Immediately, my hand flew up to my lips, rubbing on them. I looked down at my fingers and smiled as they drove away.

_____________________________________

I'm currently writing from my phone therefore I wasn't able to italicize the important things, sorry. I'll edit later when there is time. Btw expect a second chapter TODAY. I'm serious this time.

Please, please, please vote and comment!