The One (Part I)

It was about 9 a.m. and I was downstairs in the kitchen, thinking, something that had been my regular routine.

As I sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen, I thought about everything that was so unknown that trying to get behind it would make you crazy. I stared into blank space and played with my fingers. I felt a tap on my shoulder,

"You okay?", It was Grace, one of the many workers here. She worked with the animals.

I turned towards her and nodded my head. She sat in one of the stools next to me.

"You sure?" her face giving off an unsure expression.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Just thinking, y'know?"

She smiled back and nodded, "Okay, well I have to get back to my little precious', maybe you'll come by later?" She got up and headed for the door that lead to the east side of the ranch.

"Sure thing." I waved and got up from my stool also, walking up the stairs to Michael's room.

I slowly opened the door and peeked in. When I woke this morning, he was still sleeping. He was now sitting up on the bed with the phone glued to his ear. When he saw me he smiled. I walked over to the bed and sat next to him.

"Listen, I have to go. We'll talk about this later." He hung up the phone and gave me all of his attention.

"Why do you insist on leaving me so early in the morning?" He laughed and moved a strand of hair from my face.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "I'm not leaving you."

He laughed again, "I meant, in the bed. Every morning I wake up all I want to see is your gorgeous face, not a pillow." He laughed once more.

I laughed as well, "I don't want to bother you in the morning. Since I started school I can't sleep in late anymore. I figured you needed some rest."

"I need you." He gave me a small peck on the lips.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was interupted with Michael's lips suddenly crashing into mine. "I love you, I need you, I want you." He whispered, looking deep into my soul. A tear escaped my eye, I couldn't help it. Michael's words always sunk deep into my heart. He'd say things that made me feel...wanted. He reached out and wiped away my tear, kissing my forhead after.

For about ten minutes we sat there, in silence. I could't explain how much I loved Michael. Not like any ordinary love, a love that, in words, couldn't be explained. As I looked in his eyes, I could tell that he shared the same feelings with me and they were real.

When I finally snapped out of my daze, Michael was smiling at me. I smiled back.

" I'm surprised that you forgot." He said, still smirking.

"Forgot what?" I cocked my head to the side.

"What today is."

"It's no ones birthday is it?" I paused, "OH!" The thought suddenly came to me, "Of course I didn't forget." Today was our anniversary, July 7, 1989.

Michael chuckled, "I'm sure you didn't."

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you doubting me Mr. Michael Jackson."

He smirked, "Maybe."

"Okay, so what if I did forget?"

"Then we don't do anything."

"Wait, we always do something."

He shook his head, "Not this time." He got off of the bed and walked out of the room, leaving me all alone. I got up and followed him out of the room, but he was nowhere to be found.