🌹Chapter 30🌹

Welcome back guys.

TORI'S POV

Irrespective of Dahlia's tantrum, we still carried out the transfusion. Ian wanted us to talk about the incidence earlier but i told him it could wait till after Dahlia was discharged from the hospital. The transfusion was successful and the doctor said Dahlia would be fine. Ian insisted on paying the bills and i strongly refused, but he still did it anyway. Zach went home to cook something nice. Pecks of having a chef as your friend.

Dahlia had a private room and was fast asleep. I sat on the chair by her bed and watched her sleeping body while Ian stood by the window and just stared outside. I suddenly felt bad for him even though I know i shouldn't feel this way. Okay, maybe we can just talk about this and get it done with. "I'm honestly sorry about what Dahlia did earlier. I promise, she's not a bad kid."

He smiled at me. "Its fine. I know she's not a bad kid. I mean, i kinda expected the reaction. For all the three times she had seen me,  i always made her mom furious. I didn't just expect her to open her arms and embrace me. Instead, I'm thankful you're doing this for me. Thankful that you're letting me be a part of my daughter's life. I know this is harder for you than i think."

I nodded and looked back at Dahlia. "It honestly is. I mean, she's looked up to me as her mother and father figure.  And now, you're back. To be honest, I'm just putting up with you because i don't want my daughter to feel incomplete."

"And I'm grateful for that, sunshine. Uhh...sorry...Tori."

There it was again. My heartbeat skipped. Whenever he called me sunshine, it felt like old times. Thats why i keep insisting he calls me Tori. Don't need no damn feelings messing up with my mind. "You can go home now. Dahlia and I would be fine. Don't worry, I'll set up a play date for you two when she leaves the hospital."

He smiled and no matter how hard I tried to refuse it, there was no way i could deny how handsome Ian had become. This was the first time i could really analyze his face since we met, I mean, he had always been handsome, but now, he's better looking. His hair even became curlier and his lips were a lot pinker. He looked more mature.

Woah, hold it there tigress, is it just me or you're admiring your baby daddy? Just stop, cause that piece of cake is all mine and i ain't sharing.

I rolled my eyes. My inner girl is totally crazy.

"....did i say anything offensive?" Ian asked worriedly.

Wait, did he say anything at all? "What do you mean?"

He scratched his forehead like a little kid and it only made him look so cute.  Focus, Tori. "I asked if you can tell me all the things Dahlia loves and the things she doesn't, and you rolled your eyes. Did i say something wrong? Its okay if you don't want to tell me more about Dahlia."

I shook my head quickly. Damn my fucking subconscious mind. She makes me roll my eyes all the time. "No. Sorry, i didn't roll my eyes at you. Okay, Dahlia loves...."

****

The two days in the hospital passed by in a blur, our friends came to visit, Zach always brought food, insisting we do not eat food from the hospital. Ian always stopped by when Dahlia was asleep and we'll talk about Dahlia. I was surprised that we never ran out of something to talk about. But i always made sure the conversation was centered around Dahlia. The food she eats, the things she likes and dislikes, her favourite games, her vocabulary and everything other thing. As for Dahlia, whenever i tried to bring up the topic of Ian, she would turn and face the wall. She just didn't want to talk about him. This was surprising because Dahlia was always so sweet to people and she'd always wanted to have a father. So i don't know why she was so cold towards Ian.

Well that's because Dahlia has never seen you so mad, except when you're with Ian. The kid thinks he's a bad guy.

I had to make her change her view of Ian. We were discharged earlier today and it was so good to be back home. My Dahlia was very strong and healthy now. Zach just dropped off dinner and said he had a very important meeting to attend to, so he could not stay. So it was just my Dahlia and I.

"I missed our house mommy." Dahlia said happily. I was so glad she was back to her happy self. "And the doctor said I'm fine now, mommy."

I smiled and pinched her cheeks. "Yes baby. You're all good now. Thanks to Ian, right?" I had to make her accept Ian.

"Mommy....but i don't like him." She whined in her tiny voice.

I ran my fingers through her hair and then on her soft cheeks and made her look at me. "But he gave you his blood baby, at least, the least you can say is thank you. Right? Remember we're always supposed to say thank you to people who help us?" I asked her.

She nodded sadly. 

"That way, you'll get more favours from God." I concluded.

She forced a smile. "I want more favours from God."

I smiled at her. "Good girl. That means you agree to show your gratitude to Ian, right?"

She sighed and slumped her little shoulders like an old woman, causing me to chuckle. "Fine mommy."

"And the only way to show your gratitude to him is to go on a play date with him." I added skillfully.

She looked up at me with wife eyes. "But mommy...."

I took the TV remote and put on Disney channel. "No buts, sweetheart. You're going on that date as appreciation. Now lets watch Cinderella."

She nodded and scooted closer to me. This was one of our favorite moments,  when we just layed together, enjoying each others warmth and watching a movie in silence.

"Mommy?" Dahlia called my attention after about 15 minutes.

I didn't look at her bit answered. "Yes baby. What's wrong? Are you tired already."

"If Ian is my daddy? Why is he only showing up now? Did he not love me before?"

If there was something in my mouth,  I'll have blamed it for making me choke. But there was nothing in my mouth. I looked up at her and shook my head. Do i tell her i hid her existence from her father? No. That would make her mad at me. Do i tell her Ian left me when i needed him the most and that's the reason why I did not tell her about him? No. That's going to make her hate him even more. "Look here baby, Ian,  your daddy, he was on a trip. He had some work to do." I don't even know what to tell her.

"But you also have work and you've never left me mommy." She said and i could see the wheels in her four year old mind spin.

I scratched my eyebrow. This is hard. "Okay, how about we get you ready for bed, then tomorrow,  when you go on that date with your daddy, you can ask him why he's only showing up now, yeah?" That was the only thing i could do. Put Ian in the tight spot, not me.

Her eyes widened again. "Its tomorrow?" She whined.

I mean, i didn't even want it to be tomorrow, but Ian insisted he wanted to be a part of Dahlia's life ASAP.

"What about school?" She asked and i knew she was just trying to avoid going out with Ian.

"Well baby, you have a free week. Teacher Andrea said you can stay at home and recover well before you show up in school.  So yes,  you're going out with your daddy tomorrow. Lets go to bed now."

She frowned. "Will you be coming with me?"

I looked at her sheepishly and slowly shook my head. "Its just you and your daddy."
____________________________________

Who's ready for the play date tomorrow?😏vote and comment if you are.