🌹Chapter 39🌹

IAN'S POV

I smiled as I opened the door for Tori to get in after strapping Dahlia in her car seat.

"You really didn't have to." Tori said as I got in.

I smiled at her. "As a matter of fact, I'll love to take Dahlia to school everyday." I turned to Dahlia. "You'll like to ride in daddy's car right munchkin?"

She nodded shyly and I winked at her.

"Dahlia's school is just a few minutes from here, Ian. I could take her there with no problem." Tori said back.

I just smiled at her and started the car. "I'm not complaining, sunshine."  I looked through the rear view mirror and made eye contact with my daughter. I smiled at her. "You be a good girl at school okay? And I'll come pick you up after your classes."

"No no no, Ian you have work. You have companies to run. I can pick Dahlia up." Tori said in a stern tone.

I took my eyes off the road for a few seconds and looked at her but said nothing and just continued driving. A few minutes later, I pulled up in front of Dahlia's school. I walked out and helped her out of her car seat. A few kids ran to her and hugged her, saying they missed her. I smiled at them and waved at Andrea to come over.

She smiled at the kids. "Hey kids, you should go to class now and settle down before I come in."

The kids nodded and walked away, but Dahlia and one other girl stayed back. Tori bent over and kissed Dahlia's forehead and the other girl. "Be good girls, okay?" She said to them. They nodded and scurried off.

Andrea cleared her throat. "My favorite couple back in high school."

I smiled at her. "Good morning to you too, Andrea."

She chuckled and pulled me in for a hug before doing the same to Tori. "Good morning guys. It's always so good to see you two. I'm so glad Dahlia is back. All her classmates missed her. She's such a sweet little girl."

Tori smiled politely at her. "Please take good care of her and make sure she eats her lunch, Andrea."

Andrea scoffed. "Of course I will. She's my best pupil. She's so adorable. I give you my word, I'll take good care of her for you two."

I smiled at her. "Thank you so much Andrea. Anyways, we'll be going now."

Andrea nodded.  "You're welcome. I'll see you around then." She said and Tori and I walked away. Tori still looked so tense. I opened the door for her and she got in before I walked round and got in too.

I sat still, looking at her.

She raised her brows questioningly. "Why aren't you driving? You have work Ian."

I kept staring at her, not knowing how to tell her what was in my mind.

"What's wrong Ian? Stop looking at me like that. Do I have something on my face?" She said and immediately touched her mouth.

I smirked at how cute she was then cleared my throat after. "There's nothing on your face but there's something important I want us to talk about."

She raised her brows.

"Okay, I don't want you to think I'm making decisions for you or anything, but I can't help but feel guilty that I stopped you from going to college."

She still had the same unreadable expression on her face.

"I want you to do something better with your life, sunshine. I don't just want you doing odd jobs. I want to sponsor your education. I want you to go to college and then get a good ass job after. I want you to be a model for our daughter, you know?" I told her what had been eating me up.