🌹Chapter 42🌹

TORI'S POV

"You need to calm down sis, you're giving me a headache with all that movement , you know?" Tina said.

I sighed. "I don't know Tina, he said he was going to be here by three to take Dahlia to the park and it's already five. Look, he can stand me up but not Dahlia. The kid is waiting for him all dressed up. He disappointed her. You might say it's just this one time but it might continue."

"Sheesh. Maybe something held him up, he's a businessman for crying out loud." She tried to make sense out of the situation but I wasn't getting it.

I rolled my eyes. "Then the least he could do is answer his phone. I've tried calling him six times. Dahlia is getting impatient."

"From the looks of things, you're more impatient than Dahlia. For someone who claims not to have feelings for him, you sure worry too much. Chill sis, he's going to show up soon. Or maybe just call his cousin to find out."

I nodded. That's true. Maybe I could get to Zach. Wait, why am I so bothered about him not showing up anyways? A big part of me knew it wasn't because of Dahlia, I wanted to see him too but no one else had to know that. Just my inner girl and I. I dialed Zach's number and luckily for me, he answered on the third ring. "Hey Zach."

"Hi sweetheart, how are you?" He said in his always cheerful tone.

It eased my stress a bit. I missed him and he still called me sweetheart. That warmed my heart. "I'm good, what about you?"

"I missed you, you know? But I'm good too. So wassup? Missed me?" He asked jokingly.

"Well I did miss you. By the way, do you know where Ian is? He promised to take Dahlia out today but hasn't showed up. I don't want him to start disappointing her so early." I whined but felt guilty because I'm pretty sure that I was more eager to see the hunk than our daughter.

Zach sighed. "I get it. I'll call him and see what's up."

"I've been trying to but he's not answering. He mentioned something about lunch with his parents so if you can get...I don't know...Zach I don't want them to think I'm intruding but my daughter is important to me. Her happiness is all that really matters." I trailed off.

"I get it. I'll try to reach Nonna, she can keep a secret. I'll tell her to let him know what's up, okay?" Zach said. "I'll just call her and get back to you."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much Zach. I really appreciate it."

"Anything for you sweetheart. Send my love to my darling Dahlia."

I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me. "I sure will. I'll be waiting." I said and hung up.

"See, that was easy. Let's just wait until Zach calls back. Should I get you some water to drink to calm your nerves?"

I rolled my eyes. "Stop stressing up your pregnant self, I'm fine. Besides I should be the one doing the work since you're pregnant."

She giggled. "I'm pregnant, not sick. My pregnant self is not complaining. All the walking is helping me to burn the fats."

I smiled at her. "You know, the baby is making you glow. Pregnancy sure suits you."

She blushed and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears. "Thank you so much. I'm so glad you're helping me out during this period. I wish I was there for you during yours. I'm really sorry, Roni and our parents forced me to leave. I had no choice."

I grimaced at the thought of them. I was still very mad at Veronica for leaving me without any solid reason and she still wasn't there for our other sister's pregnancy. Anyways, it's the way of the world. Before I could think further, my phone started ringing. I answered immediately. "Hey Zach, any news?"