🌹Chapter 15🌹

So I've been such a lazy writer. Heck I'm super slow in giving you guys updates but I promise, as from today, I'd start giving you guys an update every weekend. By the way, I hope y'all enjoyed the last chapter. Plus, did you check out my other book? I'm not exactly sure you did. Please do so when you're done with this chapter. And of course, follow me to always know when I plan on giving my updates.

I also realized there was a problem with chapter 13, I've edited it so y'all can go check it out.

______________________________________

Tori's POV

It was pointless getting mad at Maria. That's just how she is. Besides it was important that I get to talk with Zach. I needed to clear things between us. I spent the rest of the day working. Zach didn't stop by the kitchen again. Lunch time rolled around pretty soon,and I called Rita so I could talk to Dahlia. My baby was already ready for school I was going to give her the best education. Maria, Sydney (one of our co-worker) and I hadlunch and shared small talk. Apparently, Sydney's boyfriend wanted to go on a date with her. She looked so excited talking about this guy. I had to admit, I felt a little jealous. It reminded me of the days when I would go on dates with Ian and how we'll plan on raising our kids in Italy. Well look at where we are now. Having our very own daughter.....

"What's wrong Tori?" I heard Sydney ask in a worried tone.

Huh?

That's when I realized I let my guard down and a tear had managed to slip out. I quickly wiped it away with the back of my right palm and shook my head. "Oh nothing. I was just thinking about how....uh....how...."

"How what?" Maria asked curiously.

Go on. Lie to them. Just tell them anything.

"How my ex-boyfriend always treated me like a princess, just like how Greg treats you Sydney."

Well that was not exactly a lie. Ian always treated you like a princess.

"Awww.....that's so nice. Tell us about him." Sydney demanded excited.

"What's his name? Maria chimed in too.

Well I didn't want to talk about him. Ian was a closed case. "C'mon you two, just forget about what I said. He's just my ex. Besides I don't want to talk about him."

The two girls got the hint and I was glad they dropped the topic.

Usually , after lunch, I went home but this time, I had to meet up with Zach. I took the elevator to the twenty-fourth floor where his office was. I knocked the door and got in when I heard a faint 'come in'.

Zach was seated behind a desk. At first, it was surprising to know he had a well equipped office considering he was a full time chef but I let that thought slide away. "Hey, I'm glad you came."

I entwined my fingers nervously. Might as well have this talk once and for all. "If it's about what happened at your grandma's house I'm sorry. First showing up in red, then creating a small scene with your Ian. Zach I honestly didn't know he was your cousin."

"I'm not mad at you sweetheart. And besides, you gave me a sleepless night." He said, his eyes darkening with the thought.

I felt bad. All of this was Ian's fault. "I didn't know. I'm really sorry."

"How couldn't you know that showing up at Nonna's party with a red figure fitting backless gown wasn't going to stir the monster in me?" He said in lust filled tone.

Oh, so that's what he meant. Men! "Common Zach, you never told me it was a white party." I said trying to reason things out with him.

He chuckled slightly. "I'm sorry. I thought I did. So.....I never knew you had history with my cousin."

Here we go. "We never really reached the level of talking about our past or even getting into a relationship Zach."

He gave me a serious look. "I know we've known each other for only a couple of days but I already know what I want. I want you."

I almost choked on my saliva. Was he serious.

"I know its crazy but I want 'us' to work out. Regardless of what you had with my cousin. I love him quite alright, but I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life regretting why I didn't go after a girl as nice as you because you had a past with him."

I scratched my forehead. "Zach don't you think you're rushing things. It's better we get to know each other well. You didn't even ask if I had a boyfriend or a husband."

"I already figured that out sweetheart. I only want to know one thing. "

I looked into his eyes. "What?"

"I really don't want to know who Dahlia's dad is. All I need to know is if you have feelings for him again."

Oh no! That's where he was heading to?

"Zach I don't want to talk about Dahlia's dad."

He nodded in understanding. "Okay, do you still love Ian?"

"Hell no!" I answered without thinking.

~Girl would you quit lying to yourself? You know you still love him. Deep deep deep down there, you still love him.~

Zach walked over to me and hugged me. "Judging from your body language, I know he really hurt you sweetie, but it's okay, okay?"

I nodded. If only you knew he's the father of my Dahlia, Zach. If only you knew.

"So, do you mind if I take you and Dahlia out for dinner later?" He asked trying to lighten the mood.

That wasn't a good idea. "No Zach, I really don't like taking Dahlia out at night."

More like you don't like introducing her to men, cause its gonna give her the wrong impression? Get your shit together, her dad's around.

My inner girl was Ian's number one fan.

"That's not a problem, I can always come over to your place and cook. That's even gonna be cooler considering you would have a hot sexy dick roaming about in your kitchen." He said wiggling his brows and I had to chuckle.

I spanked his shoulder. "You're so cocky."

"That's cause I like you. You're so different. It's an amazing difference though." He told me with a heart warming smile.

In as much as I wanted to try and see how things worked out with Zach, I couldn't drag him into my messy life. It wasn't fair to either him or Ian. I mean dating the cousin of my daughter's father? Not right at all. "Zach I don't date guys at work."

He looked taken about by my words. "I only work here part-time.

I gave him a look to ask if there was a difference. "It's still the same."

"Okay then, you're fired. Would you date me now?" He asked sheepishly.

I burst out laughing. "You're hopeless Zach. You just fired me and asked me out? Hell no! "

He chuckled. "Seriously Tori, just consider it okay, if it makes it better, we'll keep it a secret when we're at work."

Who could say no when he flashed his trademark smirk. "Fine. I'm gonna think about it. No promises though." I said mirroring his smile.

"I promise sweetheart, you won't regret it."

I hope so too Zach.

_________________________________________

I hope she doesn't regret it too.

Sorry about the typos. I'm gonna edit it soon.

So how did you like this chapter? Next update is gonna be on Friday. Who knows? It may be a double update😜😜

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.

Yeah, y'all should go follow me on instagram, #itz_miz_th3lma

I'm gonna follow back too.....and reply all your messages. 😊

See y'all on Friday.