🌹Chapter 40🌹

TORI'S POV

It had already been three weeks since I got registered for college and so far, I've been struggling with everything. I sighed tiredly as I looked at the screen. E-learning  wasn't as easy as I thought. I had been sitting in front of the screen for five hours and I was beyond exhausted.

"Here, have some of this before you pass out." Tina said while putting a glass of apple juice on my desk.

I smiled at her. "Thanks, I really needed this. By the way, where's Dahlia?"

"Reading one of the story books her dad got for her."

I smiled inwardly. Ian had really been doing a good job lately and I was beginning to wonder if he wasn't getting tired. If he didn't show up to take Dahlia to school, he would make sure he picked her up from school and during the weekend, we will all go to the park. He always showed up for dinner too. It was almost as if we were a family but  we weren't. Ian and I were not officially together and Dahlia still didn't call Ian 'daddy' which I don't know why.

Surprisingly, Zach was okay with Ian hanging out around and both brothers seemed to be cool which was not the case three weeks ago. Zach even cooked sometimes and sent it through Ian. I couldn't complain because I was actually enjoying the peace and the stress of not cooking everyday.

Finn however was giving me the cold shoulder because he was mad at me. He couldn't believe Ian Weizmann was the one who got me pregnant. But Susan was cool with it. She was happy that Dahlia actually had a father who was 'alive'.

And as for Tina, we had started bonding again. She was doing the big sister duties once again and was really helping out in the house and with Dahlia. Dahlia had warmed up to her and even started calling her 'auntie'. It was good to be in such a peaceful environment once again.

"....You know, Ian is really doing a good job. He's trying his very best." Tina said, pulling me out of my reverie.

I nodded. "He is. I never knew he was this serious about being a part of Dahlia's life."

"And yours." She added.

I choked on my juice. "Tina why would you even say that?" I said after my coughing fit.

She rolled her eyes and pulled out a chair to sit on. "Can't you see, Ian is trying so hard to be a part of your life too. Coming here everyday under the pretext of having dinner when in reality, he just wants to spend time with the girls he loves."

I rolled my eyes too. "Who said he loves me? He just loves Dahlia. You don't leave people you love, Tina." I said and saw the look of guilt flash on her face. I felt guilty too. She has been trying so hard to make it up to me and I just indirectly reminded her about the fact that she left me.

She looked at her hands, avoiding eye contacts with me. "I'm sorry. I really am." She said underneath her breath.

I placed my hands on hers. "I've forgiven you Tina. You're my sister after all. I was referring to Ian. Yes, he loves Dahlia but I don't think he loves me too."

She shrugged. "Why don't you look out for the signs to see if he loves you. There'll always be signs, Tori. Always." She said, stood up, patted my shoulders and walked away.

I sighed as she left me all alone. Did Ian really love me? Was I too blind to see it? Just before I was about to overthink things, I got to a notification from my school. Yes. This is what I should focus on: my education, not love.

One more hour into my studies, the doorbell rang and looking at the time, I knew it was Ian. I got up, stretched out my aching body and shut my MacBook then went to get the door. His amazing smell hit my nostrils and made my knees weak before I even opened the door. Damn, he always smelled so good. His perfume probably cost a fortune because even when he was out of sight, the perfume lingered in the air.