🌹Chapter 21🌹

Welcome back guys. And happy valentine's day  to all....even though i was so lonely and sad😔

TORI'S POV

I was so lucky that Rico gave me another chance to work for him. I was grateful that he understood my situation. He's a good man and if i wasn't so stuck up with my past and issues with guys, I'll have given him the chance he'd been asking for.

Finn was super excited i was back to working with him. I mean, I had only been gone for a week but he made it seem like i was gone for a whole year. He even promised to  treat me to dinner. Of course,  Dahlia included.  He was so happy that I enrolled  Dahlia in school, saying....'finally, her smart mouth would be put to good use.' I laughed at his corny joke.

Talking about Dahlia made me miss her even more. I hope she's doing fine. I'll cook her favourite food tonight. I really can't wait to hold my baby girl in my arms and inhale her baby scent.  While waiting tables throughout the day, my mind kept drifting to Dahlia, Ian and Zach.

A lot has happened ever since i met Zach. And Ian, i just didn't want to think about him. I just wish i never knew him.

Luckily for me,  my shift ended really early, at 1:45 PM because there weren't many customers.  Rico said i could leave and attend to Dahlia since its her first day. He specifically said its just a one day  favour. Thankfully,  i have Rita who doesn't mind taking care of my daughter.

I rushed to the school which was parked with parents, ready to take their children home. I stood, waiting as well. I know its just pre school  and all but it brought back memories. Memories of my childhood and high school life. I was amongst the most popular kids in school and dating Ian just made everyone crazy excited  to be my friend. Well, look at where i am today? With nothing to show for. No friends, no popularity, no money, no Ian and worst of all, no family.

Well, you have your Dahlia.

Talking  about my baby,  I heard the school bell and then a lot of kids. Thank goodness the kindergarten pupils had a different section. I saw Dahlia and Bella holding hands and laughing. The sight melted my heart. At least, my daughter is happy and thats all that really matters.

"Dahlia honey...Bella..."  I called out their names to get their attention and soon enough, two cute babies were racing towards me.  I immediately squatted and opened my arms with a huge smile on my face.

"Mommy!"

"Aunt Tori!"

Both yelled excitedly as they ran into my warm embrace. "Ohh look at my girls. You both are so energetic. Do you want me to fall?" I joked and they giggled.

Just then, i heard Susan's voice. "If you fall, they'll lift you up."

I chuckled. "As if."

Bella ran to hug her mother and Dahlia did same. When she was done greeting,  she came back to me and i lifted her up, supporting her with my hips. "I missed you so much, baby." I told her while kissing her forehead.

"I had a great day." She responded happily.

I put my hand on my chest feigning sadness. "So you dint miss mommy too?"

Dahlia giggled and shyly hid her face in the crook of my neck. "I missed you more mommy."

"Okay, enough of the mommy-daughter bonding,  or more like Tori-Dahlia drama, can we get going now?" Susan joked and i burst out laughing.

"Sure thing."

*****

ZACH'S POV

I couldn't stop thinking about everything that was happening. Before i met Tori,  i was already thinking of settling down. You know, get a girl, a good and beautiful girl, actually love her, not only fuck her like i always did, then marry her. Aside from the fact that Nonna was on my head to get a wife, i actually wanted a wife. A decision i made by myself.

Then i met Tori. Extremely beautiful Tori. Beautiful in and out. I put my mind and heart to her, deciding she's the one. Even when i learnt she has a kid, i did not freak out. Thats a major sign to show that she's the girl I've been waiting for.

Then the worst thing happens. She just happens to be the ex that broke Ian's heart. But from the look of things, its Ian who broke her heart. Its just confusing. I don't even know whose side I'm supposed to be on. I mean, Ian was pretty depressed when he told me a certain girl broke his heart. I honestly hated the girl for hurting my cousin. And then it turns out this 'girl' is the girl I like. And she said she was depressed when Ian left her. So in the end, who left who? Something wasn't adding up.

The worst part is, her baby,  the baby I've grown to adore, just happens to be Ian's daughter whom he doesn't even know.  Could things get any worse? And I had to keep it a secret? And to think all of this is happening within the span of a month! Now I do not know whose side to be on.

*****

IAN'S POV

Can this board meeting just finished already?

I rolled my eyes for the nth time, i could hardly concentrate on what the executive director was talking about. Thank goodness my mom was there, she seemed to sense that something was wrong, so she kept answering the questions of the board members. I was planning to open another I. W. C branch in Canada so there was a lot of work to be done. However, i couldn't concentrate as my mind kept on drifting to a certain brunette and four year old at the other end of the city.

I freed my tie a little and ran my fingers through my hair. Mom noticed again and thankfully,  adjourned the meeting to Wednesday. When everyone was out, she turned to me.

"We didn't entrust this company into your hands for you to be slacking off,  young man." She stated sternly.

Here's the thing,  my mother has always been so strict. To her, there's a particular way everything should be done and if you go against it,  it becomes a problem.  I mean, she dictates every single thing, right to the person I'm supposed to love or hate. Yes! That's my mother for you. "I'm sorry, mom."

"I do not need your apologies. You need to take your job seriously. If this company falls, you won't like to see what i will do to you. You weren't even concentrating.  How disrespectful. " She said in her usual cold and strict tone and scoffed.

I rolled my eyes. "The company is doing just fine. I just have a lot in mind. I'm sorry."

"I just hope what's distracting you are the plans you're making to marry Alyssa." She said, raising her eyebrows.

Okay, so my mom is rooting for Alyssa and I but when it was Tori, she was against it. See? She dictates everything.  However, Nonna hates Alyssa to the core.

Going back to what she said, Alyssa was not even in my mind. Talk more of proposing and marrying her. Alyssa is good....but there's a 'but' in many places. Mom doesn't need to know about that, so i nodded  in acceptance.

"Good. Because you have to marry that girl. She's the right one for you. By the way, your dad would be flying in today. Stop by the house later, he said he has something to tell you." She said as she stood up and adjusted her expensive dress. "I'll be leaving now. Walk me to the lobby."

I internally groaned. WTF? Can't she just walk herself out? However,  i stood up. "Sure mom."

Just then, i received a message from Fabian.

Tori Donovan's child just started school.

Good job Fabian, always keep me posted.