✧Chapter Eighteen✧

Chapter Eighteen - True colors.

Jinri was at work, cause her boss called, and he really did call her. I was there when he phoned her and she put it on speaker.

I was busy laying on the couch, looking blankly up to the ceiling, one more week to go until Jinri becomes face to face with Theodore again, to give him her answer.

Since that day Jinri made her decision. I know I shouldn't question it, cause things were somewhat going good between us, but I just couldn't help being curious and I want to know more about her, cause we've been dating for like six years now and I know nothing about the person that I'm dating, only what she wants me to hear.

She knows that before her- I was never indeed experience, cause I never dated anyone in my life besides her, cause I just wasn't interested in love back then, given the circumstances I was in.

I wanted to know, what kind of girls she was interested in. I wanted to know, how was her ex lovers like, and what ever happened to them? What didn't she wanna tell me?

My stomach churned, just thinking about... I shook my head at the god awful thought I just had. I know Jinri ain't that type of vampire. She's no where near like Theodore, despite what he said. That's not my Jinri.

I got up after hours of me being so deep in thought. I went to the kitchen fixing me a glass of water and something to snack on. I didn't know if Jinri was gonna come home the usual time she always comes home, which is always close to daylight.

I laid back on the couch, getting my laptop that was rested on the coffee table. I opened it to see a tab that I never actually closed, seeing that he was still at the spot where I thought I was indeed dead. To think I was only coming here to make amends, but then it ended up being more complicated then that. I sighed deeply.

I popped a chip in my mouth and started binge watching some movies, until I eventually fell asleep.

✦✦✦

Jinri's P.O.V.

I was at work. I was tending to a patient, making sure they take their meds and just the things the doctor told me they needed before I decided to go do my normal rounds.

The patient I was tending to was old, she was in her mid 80's , but she was a bright one and always has smile on her face, despite the circumstances she was in.

“Sweetie, what's wrong?” I was handing her a glass of water, as I checked on the IV to check if it was working properly.

“Uh, it's nothing ma'am. I'm fine” I gave her a fake smile, as I helped her get on her bed, tucking her in.

“Darling you can't fool me” I felt her grab on my wrist, which caused me to think she was Theodore. Yeah, darling you can't fool me. I jumped back.

“Sweetie are you okay?” The elderly women, looked over to me worried, as I simply went back into reality.

“I'm fine” I was making my way to the door “Just ring the buzzer if you need anything else” I told her before quickly getting out of that room.

As I was rushing over to the wash room, I accidentally bumped into one of my colleagues, causing her to knock over, falling to the floor.

“Wow, it felt like I ran into a rock” Stacie, one of my friends here at the hospital joked.

“I'm so sorry Stace” I helped her right onto her feet, as she dust herself off.