✧Chapter Nine✧

Chapter Nine - Coming clean.

I quickly shot up from my bed, panting heavily, feeling my forehead drenched with sweat. I remembered the events that happened last night in the bathroom with Jinri, with me putting my hand on my neck, where I assume Jinri was sucking the life out of me.

I couldn't quite put together, in what the hell happened. I looked in the mirror, seeing if I had any mark, but there was no trace of anything. Was that a dream? I thought I was going insane, not knowing which is which. But one thing for sure, it felt so vivid if it really was a dream, with me still feeling the slight pain on my neck, that I felt last night.

I saw the door open, with Jinri walking in with a glass of water and some pain killers.

“I knew you would be awake” Jinri said as she handed me the glass of water and pills. I just kept my eyes concentrated on her, looking for anything unusual, but she looked like, just her. No monster or what ever that was last night. Maybe I was dreaming? I thought popping the pill in my mouth and flushing it down with some water.

“If you're wondering, if that was a dream or not- it was the real deal” Jinri told me, like she was reading my thoughts.

“What exactly did happened last night?” I asked, not knowing what to even think.

Jinri sighed “You wouldn't believe me, if I told you” She said, as she leaned against the wall.

“Try me” I crossed my arms, waiting for what she was about to say.

“Well...” Jinri breathed out “I'm a vampire” when she said that, I let out a light amused laugh.

“You can't be serious” I thought she was joking, but when I noticed her expression, that's when it hit me.

“This can't be real” I couldn't believe the love of my life, is a vampire, and to think they only exist in movies and books.

“Well, you better believe it” Jinri said, and it made me remember something. The last time, I heard from this mysterious voice that she erased my memory about what we were arguing about, why not erase my memory this time?

“Because I was tired of lying to you” Jinri said surprising me, and I have to admit, it was also freaking me out a little.

“I didn't even say anything” I said, seeing an amused smile on her face.

“I'm a vampire, remember? I can read your thoughts” Jinri explained. No wonder she would always know if I'm lying or not.

“I still have to adjust to that fact” I said, still not believing that my girlfriend of six years, was a damn vampire all along.

“Well, as you adjust, I know you have questions” Jinri said, seeing her sit by my feet on the bed.

I asked her many questions, but the main one was about the day I was at the cliff, which she explained to me that she caught me falling down the cliff, and just made it seem like I committed suicide, so no one would be looking for me, thinking that'll be an easier way of me living my life, and so I can get away from everything, but most importantly my mother.

But then again, she knew this day would come, that I'll be back here again, trying to rid me of reliving my nightmare every night.

“What about the voice I hear in my head?” I asked, curious. Come to think of it, I haven't heard it since last night.

“A voice?” Jinri gave me a confused look “What voice?” She asked, curious.

“When we argued that one time and I completely forgot why, it told me you erased my memory- and when you told me your boss wanted you to work, it told me you were lying” I explained “Which reminds me, where exactly did you go that day, if it wasn't work?” I crossed my arms.

“For your information, that wasn't totally a lie. I did go to work, but not to work- only to get supplies”.

“Supplies?” I raised an eyebrow, confused.

“Yes, I had to get more blood bags. I was running low” Jinri said “And you wouldn't wanna know, what'll happen if I don't get my fix” She added, as she got up with the empty tray.

“Wasn't that the aftermath last night” I asked a little confused;I mean.. What happened to her last night?

“That was the aftermath of me consuming human food” Jinri explained “I don't know if it's just me, or it also happens to other vampires” She added.

“If you throw out blood from eating human food, then why eat it?” I asked, knowing it'll hurt her afterwards, which when I said that Jinri just looked at me with an are you serious? Look.

“I'm sure, if you didn't see me eating- you'll probably be suspicious and wonder why I haven't been eating anything, am I right?” Jinri said, which I just let out small true, feeling a little dumb for asking that question.

✦✦✦

Me and Jinri was downstairs in the living room. We were currently just watching some Netflix, per usual. I was still a bit dumbfounded finding out that my girlfriend that was indeed a God damn vampire.

“Y'know you seriously look dumb right now” Jinri said, seeing how I wasn't even paying attention to the show, but just being doing all sorts of things, that'll prove that she was really a vampire, like face a mirror to her and place the small Bible that I had every since on her lap.

I didn't need to try taking a picture of her, because we have allot of photos together, nothing looks out of the ordinary. No need to try the garlic thing, cause Jinri cooks with everything.

“Well, I still can't fully register that you're a vampire” I told her, which she gave me back my Bible.

“Well, you better believe it” Jinri said as she started searching for a new show to watch.

“Where's your fangs? Vampires has fangs and you don't” I said, noticing that she didn't have any fangs at all.

“I could hide them” was all Jinri said, with her eyes concentrated on the TV.

“How 'bout sunlight?” I questioned.

Jinri stopped scrolling through the movies as she turned to face me “You asked to much questions” She pinched my cheek, which I just slapped her hand away.

“I'm just your human girlfriend, who's curious” I said “So spill” I crossed my arms, waiting for to explain.

Jinri just rolled her eyes “Sunlight doesn't effect me at all. Also, a wooden stake to the heart, ain't gonna kill me. Garlic, obviously you know it doesn't hurt me. Basically, I'm just like you, but I'm immortal” She explained.

“What about holy water?” I asked, curiously.

“It doesn't hurt me either- for example, this cross that I always wear is blessed, it does nothing to me” Jinri said, showing me her necklace, that she never takes off, like ever.

“Are there other vampires out there?” I asked, a bit curious to know, if it's just her or more vampires out there, that no one even knows exist.

“Is this your last question?”.

I just let out a light amused laugh “Yes, babe it's my last question” I told her, seeing her roll her eyes playfully.

“Not that I know of, but just by my knowledge, I think I'm the only one” Jinri told me “I haven't seen or sensed any other vampires anywhere” She added, thinking about it.

“I still need to register the fact that my girlfriend is a vampire” which when I said that, all Jinri did was let out a light laugh and give me a small kiss on the forehead.