Drinks and Flirtations

Lovely Readers,

I am currently looking for a Beta Reader as I obviously need one since I normally don't read over what I've written most of the time (oops) and I was wondering if any of you are willing to help or know someone who would be good for the job! Hope you all are well, and I'm excited to hear what you think about these next chapters to come!

Let me know what you think about this chapter!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Before I knew it, I was sitting at a table in the only pub in Imladris and drinking some cheap wine with some of the most prominent Lords of this part of Arda. After breaking down again with some of the toughest warriors I've ever met, we all congregated to the one place we knew we could get some relief.

Glorfindel had taken his leave from our group, much to my displeasure of losing such wonderful eye-candy, as he had a meeting with Lord Elrond. He had already been late as I took a long time to share my story with the other ellyn, but I appreciated his efforts. It had helped to have him there, supporting me silently from the sidelines as I laid out my scars for them to see.

Aldarian was the first one to step up and hold me tight to his chest, letting my tears soak his sparring tunic. They all ended up having tears in their eyes, and I swore I saw Elladan and Geoffry wiping tears from their cheeks.

I was glad they felt like they could be emotional in front of me.

Sitting at the table, I felt like not only even more weight was lifted from my shoulders, but my feet were stable on the ground. Even though I had been drinking, I wasn't feeling out of sorts. I had never felt soberer in my life; it was like I was finally seeing the world around me for what it was for the first time.

My hair had long-since been taken out from its braid and was flowing down my shoulders in beach waves that I had been known for even in childhood. I was still rocking the dark short-sleeved tunic and was wearing the comfortable black trousers that I used for training. I was starting to feel like my old self again... but maybe a little different, as Arwen and Alma had suggested.

"I am stunned that your gods rely on children to do their bidding," Geoffry told me, lips turned down as a finger drifted along the rim of his glass. His usual bright blue eyes had now dulled over and had a distant look to them. "I think that sounds rather cowardly."

I took a long pull from my own glass and held it up for the server to give me a refill. That elf was going to get a nice, large tip for all the running back and forth he was doing for us.

"Why do some of the gods hate you while others love you?" Elrohir asked between sips. "Would they not all have the same overall agenda to follow?"

I snorted into my drink. "You'd be surprised. It is as if none of them get along with each other. Ever."

The Lords looked between each other, and I could see the gears turning between them. "How do they get anything done?" Elladan asked, his dark eyes full of confusion. He tucked a wayward piece of his dark locks behind a pointed ear as he took another sip. "That does not seem to be a working political system."

I shrugged. "They're horrible at communication, yeah, but they've been alive and acting in their positions for thousands of years. I suppose they've gotten worn down over the years."

Aldarian rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his puffed-out chest. His blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, making his face seem more narrow and severe than it usually was. "They are barely children compared to the Valar. Even they do not rely on children to do their work. That is pure selfishness and inability to cooperate. I do not know why you would have fought for them in the first place."