I Meet Hera 2.0

Hey readers! Thank you so much for the favorites and the comments. It means the world! Feel free to shoot me a follow to keep up with all my other stories and the ones to come! Hope you all enjoy!

...

The moment I woke up, my eyes were met with a frantic Gerda who was hurrying around the room as though she was running late. She ripped open the shades, and I immediately winced at the sunlight stinging my eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, holding up a hand to keep the light from bothering me further.

Gerda immediately looked to me with her wide eyes and smiled. "Oh, I am just making sure that you are going to be ready for today! You have a habit of being late to things, and I know Lady Heliel truly does not like it when people are late."

I rubbed my eyes with a low groan. "Lady- wait, who?"

I could practically hear Gerda roll her eyes as she walked up to the side of my bed and ripped the covers off, and I could only screech and try to reach for the blankets that kept me warm and cozy.

"You have etiquette lessons with Lady Heliel today, Persie. I know for a fact you have been told this," she scolded, keeping the blankets out of reach.

I struggled and moved toward the side of the bed to try and get my covers back, but she only moved farther away. The farther she moved, the farther I reached, and I ended up tumbling onto the floor with a groan.

"Now you are out of bed!" I scowled up at Gerda, who just smiled cheerily. "I will prepare a gown for you to wear, and you must do something with that mess of hair."

I put a hand to my head and my scowl only worsened when my fingers quickly became caught in snarls. What is she even waking me up for anyway-

Oh, yeah. That's right. For some reason Lord Elrond was making me learn how to be a proper lady in the hands of an elf with a name that has the word hell in it. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

"What are you gonna make me wear?" I asked, allowing myself to succumb to Gerda's extreme persistence.

She grinned mischievously, which was something that I so did not want to see. "You will be wearing a traditional elvish gown, as is customary when learning proper etiquette of our people."

"Er... what exactly is a traditional elvish gown, again?"

Gerda only laughed and danced forward to the massive wardrobe that was slowly filling up with elegant dresses that were fit for someone that was most definitely not me. "You see them all the time, Persie! That is what Lady Arwen wears most of the time along with other ladies of the court-"

She pulled out a massive green velvet gown that was decorated with a sewn in chevron belt. The neck was scooped, and the sleeves were longer than my body itself. Judging from how long the gown looked next to Gerda, I knew there was going to be a lot of it trailing on the ground. Gods help me, now.

"I love this gown," Gerda gushed, running a hand down the side in a creepy caress. "The seamstress made this specifically for you, and it will fit you perfectly."

I knew my wide eyes and open mouth might have come across as awe, but that was not what I was feeling. Nope. Not at all.

This is going to be a total disaster.

"It's horrible," I spoke, finally able to use my voice. "How can anyone expect me to wear something like this?"

It was Gerda's turn to be horrified. "This is a remarkable gown, Persie! You will do the seamstress a great honor and wear this gown right now."