Battles and Casualties

Hey there, Readers! Thank you for once again stopping by and reading this story! Let me know what you think about this chapter, and give me a follow to see some more awesome stories that are coming soon and to stay tuned!

Ally Layne.

---

It was just like we rammed right into a rotting fence, and as the steely ice ran through my veins at the sound of the slaughter, I immediately started my death vigil.

I see Glorfindel from the corner of my eye, still atop Asfaloth as he swung his sword and decapitated an orc then quickly moved to avoid being stabbed from the side. Elrohir was using his bow and decimating all orcs in his path as his horse reared to kick down an orc that dared get too close.

I was impressed by the elvish horses- they certainly knew how to hold their composure while ugly creatures with sprouts of hair growing out of dark skulls ran at them.

The fighting circled on around me, and I felt like we were being completely overrun by the orcs that kept coming in our direction. Elrond's group must be really drawing the lines back, which led them straight to us.

This meant I got to see the majority of the orcs in close-battle, and a lot of them were already pissed that their plans were being ruined.

Gods, it would have been nice to have Annabeth, Jason, Nico, Reyna, or even Thalia here to help keep my side covered instead of having to keep feigning back to protect myself. I have to admit it was difficult to fight without having the knowledge that they were there to back me up, but I was making due.

"Persie, duck!'

I immediately tucked and rolled off Bud just in time to avoid being skewered by a sword.

I turned quickly to see Geoffry, one sword down, checking over to see if he hit me or not. "Thanks for the warning!" I called over to him and saw his smile in response before turning around to slice a few more orcs out of my way.

Milady, I will cover you!

I stabbed another orc with by giving Riptide a quick jab through its neck. I made sure my mouth was closed as the black blood of the orcs, which smells just as bad as that monster dust, immediately spewed out of the wound and spattered across my face.

"Thank you, Bud!" I told my horse, then swung through a few more orcs to try and get closer to his side.

The dark horse was easily plowing through the orcs with his mighty kicks and easily was able to make sure my side was covered during the height of the battle. However, there was only so much help a horse was able to give.

"Persephone!"

I felt a blade slash through my left arm and cried out in blatant shock. I was too slow to hold up riptide to block the orc's next swing and stumbled back in shock. "No!" a familiar voice yelled, which was all I needed to be kicked into gear.

The stumbling legs beneath me immediately crouched, and I used my momentum to force myself back into a tuck and roll. I ignored the pain that rushed through my arm, and immediately whipped Riptide up and got into a stance to fight for my life.

The orc swung its sword again toward my left, and I met the blade with some force of my own. I quickly stopped its motion and kicked out my leg to get more space between us and started doing some attacking of my own.

I swiped low, going for its belly or what would have been an equivalent of a belly had the thing not been so disfigured and gross, and wasn't surprised when it blocked my strike. However, what I knew the creature wasn't expecting was a punch to the face, which left it stunned and I made a move to behead the damn thing.