Oops, I Did It Again

Hello Readers! Thank you all so much for sticking with this story, it means so much to hear from you all, and gives me the inspiration to keep writing away! Please, let me know if you have any questions or comments, and go ahead and follow me to keep up with everything that is going on! Love you guys!

///|||\\\

After being dressed and pampered by Arwen and Gerda, I didn't know what to expect. They had worked miracles before, making me feel like a completely different person... but this was something else entirely.

I didn't recognize the woman staring back at me in the mirror.

She was wearing an embroidered mint green gown that had mesh sleeves that ran loose down to her wrists where they were cinched closed. The raven hair sat elegantly on her head in a delicately placed updo with a braided crown. Her sea-green eyes were bright and vibrant from both the color of the dress and the dark kohl that lined them. Arwen had painted her lips a dark red, deep and rich like the color of blood.

This was the daughter of a sea god, I supposed. This was what I could have been if things were different.

Her fair skin was illuminated majestically by the candles lit along the walls, creating an aura around the woman that transcended reality itself. The word beautiful did not do her justice.

"You look magnificent, Lady Persie," Gerda voiced in choked awe as she moved to stand behind the woman in the mirror.

Gerda had dressed in one of her finest dresses, a lovely blue satin corset falling into a loose skirt that made her auburn hair rich with red highlights. The slippers she wore made her silent footsteps even quieter, if possible.

"I think that is an understatement, Gerda," Arwen said kindly, moving to stand at the woman's other side with a wide smile. "Mellon, you are shining like the Valar themselves this evening."

I felt heat rush to my cheeks as the faint signs of a blush appeared on the woman's cheeks.

"Thank you, Arwen," I whispered, staring in awe as the woman's mouth moved with my words. "You too, Gerds. I have never felt like this before."

Arwen's brow wrinkled slightly. "What do you mean?"

I forced myself to turn away from the vision in the mirror to look at my friend in earnest. "I have never felt so beautiful before."

Her smile seemed to glow. "This is what you truly look like on the inside and outside, mellon. I suppose it is time you start to recognize yourself for how wonderful you truly are."

Arwen was wearing a white dress that seemed to be encrusted with jewels that shone in the candle glow even brighter than the moon. It was an off-shoulder ensemble that hugged her curves perfectly, with sleeves that fanned down to end at her feet. A small train followed her as she glided around the room, quickly making her last finishing touches before we left.

"If you are to be on time, my Ladies, we must be on our way," Gerda told us, before once again grabbing my arm and leading me to the door.

"Have you made it your job to drag me around, now?" I questioned grumpily. "I'm not a toy to fling wherever you want, you know."

Another voice chimed in, "You are not?"

I turned to see Elrohir walking down the hall with a smug smile. There were two guards flanking him, but I couldn't figure out if I recognized them or not.

"Last I checked, I wasn't. But if you want me to I can go back and see..."

Arwen chose that moment to walk out of my chambers. "You are not going to get out of this that easily, mellon nin."