I Obviously Need Sleep

Dear Readers,

To those who don't think this is progressing, well, that sucks for you because that means you're not looking close enough. This part of Persie's story is ultimately about character development and that doesn't happen over one chapter- it takes time, so just hold your butts for a moment and chill. Also, this is going to be a long story with FOUR PARTS and this is only the FIRST PART omg so get settled because this is going to be both long and epic.

The plot of the Hobbit will be coming soon, which will take place in the SECOND PART and the THIRD AND FOURTH PARTS are going to be taking place during the Lord of the Rings timeline.

This FIRST PART is Persie finding her place in Middle Earth, which will be important for later parts.

And let me just say that next chapter you all are gonna freak the Hades out.

Oh, and follow me on instagram ( @theallylayne ) because why not and Just Do It like Nike says.

See y'all on Insta,

Ally Layne.

---

Of course, like any smart person, I decided to allow Lord Ulmo to teach me a bit about my water powers here in Arda. It ended up being one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I went for hours on end without exhaustion and learned more in one training session than I did in my entire lifetime.

The jar that held my powers, the lid I tugged open in my gut whenever I unleashed something... I finally let it all out.

It was amazing.

By the time I was done, Ulmo had taught me everything I was going to need to know to complete the task he told me was given to me by the Valar.

"We brought you here to fight the darkness that is seeping into everything that lives within our world," he had said. "There is the work of something so sinister that it is greater than what this world has ever seen before, which is why we sent for a being from another world. Your gods, they chose you for this quest."

I looked at him curiously. "A quest? Does that mean when this is over I get to go home?"

He tilted his head. "Do you wish to?"

I thought of everything I had left behind, including the people I would have later greeted in the Elysium. Could that mean if I die here I am subject to this world's afterlife? Will I ever lay eyes on my mother- or my friends- again?

I asked him my questions, and a sad look came across his face. "One cannot jump across worlds as you describe, even in the afterlife."

That was my answer.

Would I be willing to never see them again?

"I don't know," I told the sea god. "I'm not sure what I want."

He let out a hum that vibrated the water itself. "Once you know what path you want to take, you will know what your quest shall be."

I blinked. "Well, that's helpful."

"Glad I could be of service."

I opened my mouth to tell him that no, he did not do any service for me what-so-ever, but then the same vortex sensation whipped around me and I was shooting back through the rivers once more.

Stupid gods. Stupid Valar.

The next thing I knew, I was back by the waterfall. The sun had started to deplete below the horizon and the breeze had become crisp with chilly air.