When Pieces Come Together

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for all of your support so far! I think that as far as the question of whether or not there will be smut in this chapter goes, it was nice to hear about what you all thought! This chapter DOES contain light smut that is not graphic or extremely explicit that it would deter from anything happening in the story.

Thanks again for all of your support, I love you all very much and am gracious to all the help and assistance you have given!

XOXO Ally Layne

***FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT CARE TO READ, IT IS X-RATED AFTER PERSIE SAYS "SHOW ME," SO SKIM THE FEW PARAGRAPHS AFTER THAT AND THEN CONTINUE TO READ*** 

---

"Persephone?"

Hm?

"Nemir, please come back to us-"

Glorfindel? I haven't gone anywhere-

"Neneth, wake up-"

Don't you call me Neneth-

"Can you open your eyes?"

What are eyes? Oh, yes, now I know. I can try.

Connections between my mind and my body started to be created once more, like a game of Tetris. Or Jenga. There were missing pieces, but it had to be stable and put together well enough to stand. To function.

My eyelids snaked open, just enough for my eyes to see two noses, one for each eye. How odd.

I breathed, then look up to see a world of eyes staring down at me.

One hand was on my cheek. It was warm.

My mouth moved. "How long have I-"

Bright blue eyes, red around the edges, looked down at me under a curtain of golden hair. "Two minutes. Long enough for us to worry, for me to worry."

I blinked. Glorfindel, the one I loved, was holding my cheek in the palm of his hand as if I were a crystal vase that was worth more than the palace itself. I felt my hand sneak up to caress his own cheek, and nearly gasped when I felt the wetness that still remained from tears he must've shed.

"I'm sorry, Goldilocks," I spoke, rubbing my thumb underneath his eye. His head nestled into my palm, just like a purring cat begging for more of my touch.

"Do you need some water?" Aldarian's voice asked, coming from one of my sides. I blinked. I had totally forgotten that Glorfindel and I weren't the only people in the room- or, really, in this world.

I looked over to smile softly at my friend, at the desire to help me wrapped within his eyes. "Yeah, that'd be nice."

My eyes wheeled around to see that Elrond was doing another check of my wounds and working on healing the new stab wound that I got from my would-be murderer. I let out a quaint sigh when I felt the tingling feeling of my skin slowly stitching back together as Elrond used water to assist his healing, and closed my eyes again.

It was a nice little bed. Way too comfortable to stay awake. I wonder who picked me up off the floor? They deserve a high five.

"Do not go to sleep, Nemir," Glorfindel scolded, patting my cheek lightly with the hand that still remained. "You still need to get your head checked."

I blinked. "And what about-"

"Her? She's here, I knocked her out and Elrohir and Elladan are working on bringing her back to consciousness so we can question her."