This Could All Be A Dream

Dearest Readers,

I am currently uploading this at 1 am on Tuesday because I couldn't wait any longer. I'm addicted to writing this story, I think.

I have a question: should I write smut in this next chapter or no? Or do you not care either way? I wouldn't write it if it doesn't fit within the plot, but I wouldn't add it in if people are wholly against it, either. Let me know what you think!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Varis was visibly seething at the news. Arwen, on the other hand, let out a gasp and had tears in her eyes. Mirwen was her subordinate in court, the poor elleth must be thinking that there was something she could've done to stop this.

"It is all of my fault," Arwen whispered into her hands, as the first tear slipped down her cheek. It was followed by many more.

"No," I told the usually calm Evenstar. "No, Arwen, it's not your fault. You could not have known, no one could."

Estel moved to her side subtly and placed a mud manicured hand on her pale shoulder. "You could not have known Lady Mirwen would so such a thing."

Elrohir and Elladan looked at Estel with a silent warning, and the Ranger immediately removed his hand from their sister's shoulder. I nearly started to snicker at the sight but held my cool.

Besides, my body and my head were killing me. And I think I really wanted to nap for a week. Not to mention, I was starving. The little bits of food Estel was able to get for me to eat were starting to wear off.

Why is life so difficult?

"I will see to it that she is taken in for questioning," Aldarian voiced, looking between the two soldiers holding me up. "I am sure Lords Elrond and Glorfindel will like to have a discussion with her."

He moved to my side and shouldered Elrohir away to take me in another hug. "I am so glad to see you safe, Neneth," he told me, and I rested my head on his shoulder happily.

Then I stopped in my tracks. "I'm not even mad you called me that," I admitted with no lack of surprise. "How did that happen?"

Aldarian pulled away to hold me at arm's length with a charming grin. "I have a wonderful habit of getting what I want."

And with a wink, he sauntered off to go take Mirwen into custody. His butt did look mighty fine in his tight leathers, and of course, Glorfindel was the elf for me but it doesn't suddenly make me blind.

"Persephone Jackson do not stare at my brother's rear in front of me!" Alma immediately exclaimed with a gasp. "And the same goes for you too, Varis!"

From the corner of my eye, I could see Varis, very openly checking Aldarian's ass out and licking her lips. Now that she is opening up more, she is definitely my kinda dwarf, I can tell you that.

Her eyes flicked to mine and we shared a grin that made Alma sigh. "Absolutely disgusting," she muttered.

Elrohir moved to take hold of my side again and we quickly made it to the Healing Halls. Elladan allowed Elrohir to ease me into a cot and moved back to the door quickly. "I will go make sure Aldarian does not find himself in trouble," he told us, before hurrying out after the other elf.

Estel flicked his eyes toward the exiting figure. "I will go with him," he spoke, before eyeing me carefully. "Do not get yourself any more hurt than you already are, Persephone."

I winked. "You know me well, toots."

He smiled but looked slightly confused as he placed a careful hand on Arwen's shoulder then left.