16. Punch time

Heyy soo it's been months but I'm back now and hopefully to finish the rest of the story.

I guess I better explain am I right ? I finished high school then I didn't have a laptop and I still don't so It's much harder to write on your phone I found out. Other than that I've been busy with personal things and uni things. I've been trying to find a job and keep up with my friends. Also have been super lazy because I've been typing out this chapter for months. Basically my life has been a huge mess and I haven't reallly had the time to sit down and write. I start uni next month so I'll try my best to pump out the rest of these chapters before then. I'm very sorry for keeping everyone that's reading this waiting for so long, I'm a horrible person.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, it has been a long time coming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

Punch time

Zac’s POV

I held in my hand my phone, I was flipping it around my fingers, almost dropping it but not quite. I was trying to decide whether or not I should message him. He gave me his number so he wanted me to but was it too soon. I unlocked the screen and stared at his contacts and then locking it again. I did this a couple more times before I started typing something. I kept changing it and rewording it before I had something that resembled casual, completely opposite to my current state.

Heyy Alex, so do you want to meet up for punch with me?

I pressed send then the colour drained from my face. My cheeks tinted, I quickly sent the correction. He’s going to think I’m an idiot. Even after all that time spent trying to think of the perfect message I still end up making a mistake. I'm an idiot. 

I wait, fingers tapping on the phone impatiently whilst waiting for it to light up to indicate a new message. After a couple minutes I hear my notification tone sound. I quickly unlock my phone and read his reply.

Punch? (': but yes let's do lunch at 1:00

I quickly typed out my response. A definite yes and a suggestion of this restaurant in the city that I had heard great reviews about from a couple classmates. 

Sure I'll be there, see you soon

I was bubbling with excitement but my hands were shaking in the anticipation of seeing him alone. Just us two. 

I still had just over an hour to get ready. I ate breakfast which was a couple snacks I had saved for these purposes. I didn't have enough time to cook, I rarely did anyway. 

Okay I can do this I told myself, if he could see me now, talking to myself. 

I threw all my clothes on the bed and started sifting through them to find something appropriate for lunch. After probably an hour I finally settled on some dark wash shorts and a fitted shirt. I brushed my hair to the side and blinked a few times. Okay I could definitely  work with this.

If I left now I would arrive at the restaurant with a couple minutes to spare. We were both making our own way there. As I drove, I turned up the music playing on the radio. It got me calm and in the zone, way better than nerves. 

Before I knew it I had pulled up in front of the restaurant. I quickly got out and made sure it was locked. Swinging my keys around my finger I started walking towards the entrance. I leaned against the wall, looking around for him. I peered inside the restaurant to check if he was inside already. Dismissing that I turned back around and bumped into someone. I turned around.