20. A long time coming

Hello...ahaha anyone still reading this?

Well anyway I'm going to try and finish this story soon!!

I've just finished the semester so I have a break until August almost to get this done.

There's 24 chapters so 4 more besides the epilogue

Vote and Comment I'll really appreciate it

Okay I love you guys especially if you've waited this long (sorry!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 20

A long time coming

Alex's POV

When I woke up, Zac was sleeping soundly and his face was pressed up against my chest. I brushed a few hairs out of his face and his eyelashes fluttered, but he didn't wake up. He looked so much younger like this, he looked like an angel in a peaceful slumber.

I cuddled into him and slipped into the warmth. I was way too comfortable to get up, I would lay here all day if I could. I got a few more moments of peace before I felt fingers on my sides.

Then I was being tickled, I started laughing uncontrollably trying to twist away from his touch, 'Stop it!' I cried in between gasps of breath. It was too early for this, I was still too sleepy for his antics.

He continued relentlessly but stopped after a minute. I glared at him, holding onto my sides to prevent him from doing it again. He bit his lip, amused. I raised an eyebrow at him, unimpressed.

"Feeling better?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. I rolled my eyes, a hint of a smile playing on my lips.

Then I thought about it properly and the feelings washed back over me. I shook my head, frowning. I didn't even want to think about it, just forget it ever happened. Then I could just believe I was dreaming and it wasn't reality at its worst.

"Come here" I moved over to him and he pulled me into his lap. He wrapped the blanket around me and brought me into a tight hug. I put my head in the crook of his neck and breathed slowly. I didn't want to cry again. I had enough of that yesterday.

After a few minutes like that, I turned my head to face him. We were silent, just looking at each other. Then his lips were on mine and we were kissing. My eyes widened in surprise but I let myself enjoy the moment while it lasted. It was gentle and nice, it didn't do anything to calm my heartbeat instead it did the exact opposite. It was exactly what I needed.

He pulled away and I was left breathless. It made me feel a little better. But as my mind cleared, guilt settled. I was still with Amelia, I couldn't, I shouldn't just be going around and kissing people. I wouldn't like it if she were doing the same, this was so wrong.

I averted my eyes and distanced myself, "I'm sorry Zac, I haven't broken up with Amelia yet, we-we had a fight yesterday and I just..." I drifted off. I felt like such a bad person for doing this, kissing him, this wasn't me. I was good, I couldn't believe I had cheated on her. I hated myself for it.