8. The Photo

Hey sorry this is out a little later than i expected, couldnt reach my minimum word count. Not to mention is was a flaming 40 c all week. I died you don't even know. 

I was doing hw most of this week amongst other things heh. I have a little less than two weeks of holidays to go and i think ill probably be able to post at least until chapter 10. 

I love you guys xx Thanks for 500+ reads :))

The song doesnt match the story but i just love the acoustic version so listen if you like.

Vote and Comment <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

The Photo

Alex’s POV

I wanted to go out tonight, I’ve been in my room all week maybe even longer. I was eager to have a night out, it seemed like forever since I set foot outside. I had lots of assignments and exams coming up so I’ve been studying for that. I still went to work but I cut back my hours. I saw Zac a few times though ordering his usual but I didn’t attempt to make any conversation with him.

I wanted to but I think I’d make a fool out of myself. So that’s why I just kept quiet and just served him like every other customer. Though my hands and eyes did linger a bit longer than usual. Ok more than just the usual, I don’t know it was just something about him.

Last night, I was in my room again, studying with flashcards with definitions on them. I had a test on it in a few days. Leigh was sitting across from me on his bed then he abruptly stood up and stood next to me. He wrestled the cards out of my hands and they scattered on the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a questioning look.

“You’ve been working yourself too hard, you need to take a break” I grumbled a few words telling him I know whilst I bent down to pick up my cards. He handed a few to me and  I told him reluctantly that I will go with. Though I did want to take a break after a week’s worth of solid work.

That’s when Leigh invited me out clubbing; I haven’t been yet since I came here. Though I did just turn legal age but I wasn’t rebellious enough in my younger years to get a fake ID. I think I had been to one or two clubs though which didn’t check out ages with my friends for their birthday bashes. So I was looking forward to going it has been a while. Leigh was beside me on his laptop and I was on my own typing away. It was just past dinner and I went out with him earlier to grab a bite. We came back a little early so we could chill a little before getting ready to go out.

I wasn’t doing work though, this time around surprisngly. I was chatting to Amelia on IM and I couldn’t help a smile tugging at my lips. Even though it wasn’t the same as seeing her in person, it was nice that I could still ask her how’s her day been and the like. I promised to skype her soon and she said she’ll text me when she’s not busy.

I had to go so I typed a cheesy goodbye to her ending it with a few x’s and logged off after I got a reply. I pushed my laptop to the side putting it in sleep mode and stood up and stretched.

“I’m going to start getting ready” I told him. He nodded and went over to his clothes to start picking out a few. I left him and went into the bathroom. I took off my clothes and turned on the shower. I finished up pretty quickly, getting out and drying myself. I picked up my clothes that I had picked out when we arrived back from dinner and slipped them on. I picked some tight dark jeans, a fitted shirt and some converse.

I called Leigh from the bathroom telling him I was done. I walked out and started gathering the necessities to bring along. Lastly, I started styling my hair to my liking and put some gum in my mouth for freshening purposes. When I was done I sat on my bed and waited for him to finish. I pulled out my phone, smiling at my lock screen of Amelia and I. I texted Peyton asking if she was going to come along, she replied minutes later with a “yes, come by my room”.