22. Good News

Helloo

I've officially finished the semester, this is the very last stretch. Thank you to those that have stayed/waited this long :)

Hope you enjoy this and give it a vote and comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 22

Good news

Alex's POV

We had been dating for a few weeks now but we hadn't told anyone about us yet. It wasn't that he didn't want to, it was more me. I was the one that didn't want to tell anyone yet.

The last few weeks with Zac have probably been some of the happiest moments of my life. I've been working nonstop the last few weeks but I finally got a break. We usually hung out in each other's room when no one else was around, mostly on weekends. We still had a few more days of break until classes started up again.

Today I was sitting on the bed with him whilst we played video games. We've been battling it out for a few hours. Kentin was typing on his laptop and listening to music.

"Do you want to tell him now?" I whispered to Zac. His eyes widened obviously surprised at my sudden willingness to make our relationship public. He nodded slowly, smiling. I was pretty nervous about it, but it seemed like the right time.

Zac threw his pillow hitting Kentin on the side of his head. He turned to us with a glare. I mimed taking out a earphone and he did.

"We wanted to tell you something" I started, trying to be brave and confident.

"What is it?" he asked distracted, eyes back on his screen.

"We're dating" Zac confessed and my cheeks reddened. I didn't know we were going to be that blunt about it. Maybe some implications and letting Kentin figure it out on his own.

Kentin laughed lightheartedly, "Is that all?". He looked at us and gave a reassuring smile.

I nodded. But I guess this works too.

"I already knew, I saw you kissing the other day in the hallway. I'm still getting over it but it's okay. You deserve to be happy"

"That's great um thank you for understanding, really" I turned back to our game and pressed play. Kentin hummed and resumed doing his own thing.

"That went easier than expected" Zac whispered, kissing at my neck.

"Yeah, it felt good" We could do this I told myself as I lightly pushed him away. I had a game to win.

We resumed battling it out on the game until dinner. We were going to join Peyton and Leigh for a 'double date' although they weren't 'dating'. They were still denying the obvious chemistry between them. 

We were planning on telling them next, we talked about it whilst we were making our way there.

"How do you think it will go?" I asked nervously.

"It'll be okay, I promise"

"I needed that" I breathed a sigh of relief and looked fondly into his eyes. 

He grinned, he looked really happy that we were finally telling people. He was a pretty open person and keeping something from his closest friends hasn't been easy for him. He did it for me and I was so grateful for that. I just needed some time and I was ready now.

Peyton had texted me to let me know that they were already there. We walked close to each other, our hands were brushing but we weren't holding hands. Soon, after everyone knows I wouldn't mind public displays of affection.

We spotted them as soon as we walked in and greeted them on arrival. Then we made our orders for food and drinks.

Everyone was chatting whilst we ate our food. When we were almost done I gave Zac a look. He nodded in understanding.

"We'd like to tell you guys something" Zac stated.

They looked up giving us their full attention, smiling encouragingly.

"We're going..." he continued.

"You're dating?!" Peyton shouted excitedly and probably a bit too loud for a small place like this. We got a few weird looks but they looked away after a few seconds.

Leigh looked slightly shocked, "Congrats guys" but he grinned at me.

I nodded, biting my lip to stop the grin that was threatening to burst. Zac was still embarrassed by Peyton's outburst.

The rest of the night we talked details of what has happened so far, our first date and first kiss. They were very interested, very curious.

I didn't notice anything different between them too that would suggest anymore than friends. But maybe they were just hiding it very well. They still looked the same to me.

We split from each other at the restaurant, I gave him a quick kiss and hug goodbye. I was going to tell my parents tonight. I had to do this on my own.

I set myself up, comfortably seated on my bed. I scrolled through my contacts until home appeared. I clicked on it and pressed call. Taking a deep breath I wait for them to pick up. I hear a greeting on the other end and close my eyes, calming myself.

"Hey mum, dad, I just wanted to tell you something" I stutter out.

"Sure what is it sweetie?" Mum replies.

"I'm dating someone new" I start, there it goes. Just let it flow out like a normal conversation.

"You and Amelia broke up?" Dad asked.

"Yeah a couple weeks ago" I swore under my breath, this was it. "Do you remember Zac?" There was no going back now.

"From high school?"

"Yeah...I'm dating him" I let out the breath I was holding, my heat was beating rapidly and a cold sweat had broken out.

There was silence then a collective sigh of relief from them. "It's okay you know, we're happy for you" Mum told me.

"Just be yourself Alex" Dad said.

"Thank you, guys" I was chocking up, a tear fell. I was just so happy that they accepted me. It was great, so great. We talked a bit more. But I left out some minor details about what happened until this point. They didn't need to know about all that, what happened happened. The past is behind me and it was time to look forward.

I was so glad that it was okay.

I sent Amelia a video message with the news and she sent me a video with good wishes.

For Aiden and Xavier, I skyped with them until the early hours of the night. They were doing stupid things to make me laugh.

When I finally got to sleep, it was close to sunrise.

The next morning I woke up refreshed and smiling. I still had the weekend left until school restarted and I planned to spend the whole time with Zac. I was thinking about taking him out, maybe go into town to the aquarium or on a safari. Something different, something nice to celebrate. Then maybe we could go to dinner with our friends and get some drinks.

It sounded like a fairytale, but everything was working out well. Our happy ending actually seemed like it was in reach. Our relationship had just started but I knew that I was in it for the long term. No more games or dancing around each other. I know now, who I am and who I love.

This was the path to freedom and I felt free like a bird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that was good ! Next chapter this week sometime :))

This was kinda short sorry ! 

There will be time skips too

myparadise15