1. Orientation Day

Hi guys, so the long awaited first chapter is finally here :)

I just finished my exams a few days ago and I rewrote this chapter 3 times >< just couldn't turn out the way i wanted it...sorry

I hope you like it. This'll have longer chapters and be better written hopefully.

Comment and Vote :)

On the side is story of my life by 1D and a edit of Alex and Amelia =]

Shoutout to writer_visionary for the fab cover <3 thanks babe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Orientation Day

Alex's POV

Today was orientation day for my new school 'Metro University'. I had specifically wanted to go here because of its prestigious course in the arts. This is why I had chosen to go alone here with my best bro going to the same uni as Xavier, his boyfriend. Amelia, my girlfriend for two years wanted to go to different uni too which is overseas, as she wanted to specialise in teaching and travel at the same time.

We were still together, but I'm not sure if a long distance relationship will last. Even though I want it to its going to be really hard. But I'll try my best since she is my best friend and my true love after all.

I'm sad that I have no friends and don't know anyone in the school. But I hope I can make a few friends today or the next few years here were going to be hard alone. I was a friendly enough guy so I should be ok.

I sat down in my car out in front of the uni watching many unfamiliar faces pass me. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts pausing at my friend's name's. I missed them a lot, it would be weird not seeing them every day. I flipped to a group photo we had taken at graduation. We all looked so happy and beautiful. I wasn't going to cry. I closed my phone putting it in my front pocket.

This was my chance to make a new start. I got out of the car and locked it. I slung my bag onto my back and pulled my suitcase behind me. When I got to the residence buildings I pulled out my information sheet. I searched for my room number and repeated it to myself.

Room 3A...3A...3A...Me, Amelia and Aiden. I rubbed my eyes as they started tearing up.

I distracted myself from the sad thoughts and pulled out my keys. I unlocked the door and opened it wide. Someone was already here, my roomie. I started unpacking my things out of my bag. I picked up the photo frame that was on the very top, I placed it on my nightstand. I put my clothes and other various items in the closest and on the shelf. I finished unpacking after an hour and stood up and looked around. So this was going to be my home for one year. I can work with that. The room was average sized, with an en-suite bathroom and two single beds.

I had to go get something to eat first. I hadn't eaten since this morning, I was about to collapse from hunger. I was required to go to some assembly later as well as collect my books for my classes. I could do that later, for now I could do that campus tour and try to find something to eat. I picked up my wallet and stuck my phone in my back pocket. My phone buzzed and I jumped a bit. I pulled it out but it was just a false alarm. My phone going into silent mode, I thought it would be from my friends.

I opened the door and I walked into somebody. I took a step back and took in the guy in front of me. It looked like he was about to come into the room. So I'm guessing this was going to be my roommate.

"Hi!" I say excitedly, giving him a once over. He looked like a nice guy.

"Hey" he answers looking me up and down.