3. The Coffee Cup

Hii wattpad

i apologise for the long wait for this chapter, i was lazy and had birthdays going on. I am on holiday now so i will update again very soon. I always break my update promises >>

I watched Mortal Instruments it was amazing, i loved it :)

Hope you can vote and comment :)

Enjoy this, i worked four days on this chapter lol, sorry if it sucks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

The Coffee Cup

Alex’s POV

After a week, the dreams finally stopped. I didn’t sleep a wink all week, it was tiring. I barely made it to class on time and I was half asleep through all my classes. Then one night the dreams just suddenly stopped, I had the best sleep and I woke up energised and refreshed.

I haven’t seen that guy again, I don’t even know his name.

I had a lot of uncompleted homework and tests to study for. After a week of doing nothing productive I was really behind and it was just the first week of school. So now that they were gone I had to knuckle down and work hard to get it all done. It was due really soon and I hadn’t even made a dent in it.

I really did love my classes though. It was so much better than high school since I can focus on what I love. Photography has always been a passion of mine, it started off as just a hobby. But during my senior year, it felt like so much more. It envisioned my future, it’s something I would want to spend my life doing.

The thought of capturing lifes moments in an instant was very likeable.

I woke up pretty early this morning, I got dressed in the dawn light and slipped out of my room. I was careful not to wake up Leigh, I had kept him up some nights after my restless nights.  I felt really bad but he told me it was ok and that it wasn’t my fault. I didn’t tell him what I was dreaming about though, I just told him it was someone I used to know. He looked unconvinced but went with it.

I daydreamed a bit as I walked around the campus, giving myself a short tour. A small coffee shop caught my eye, it drew me in. I felt myself walk towards it, inspecting it. I ran my fingertips  along the windowsill. It had a simple name, ‘The Coffee Cup’ which had a nice ring to it.

My hand slipped past a sheet of paper, it was advertising a part time job. I needed a job so might as well give it a go. I removed the sheet from the window and attempted to open the door. I rattled it for a few seconds and looked inside but it was dark and quiet. The sign said it opens at 7, I checked my phone and it was only a little past 6. I guess I’m going to have to wait a bit.

I sat on a bench and looked around the area. It was still very peaceful, it being a Sunday morning. There were a few people out and about, exercising and getting breakfast. I cast my eyes away from them and looked at the sheet of paper I held.

It read, “Part Time Job Available at The Coffee Shop, must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment, if interested please speak to the manager of the store, training is provided and an interview will follow an expression of interest”.

It sounded like the perfect job, I didn’t really have any commitments so I had a lot of time aside my classes and study. This is exactly what I needed. I unlocked my phone and played a bit of candy crush. Before I knew it, time had flown and I could smell coffee brewing.