15. Bonfire Night

Heyy, sorry this has taken way too long.

School has been an absolute killer and this might be one of the last updates until the end of November, but hopefully i can get one or two more out before then. 

But i hope you can be patient and if you liked this chapter please give me some support :)

To to right is Bonfire heart by James blunt 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

Bonfire Night

Alex’s POV

I stayed holed up in my room for more than a day, thinking about how I was meant to speak to him. I couldn’t just walk up to him and start talking right? I didn't know what would come out of my mouth, probably something really stupid. 

I paced up and down my room, waiting for a bright idea to just appear in my head like a light bulb. I saw Leigh earlier this morning but he has classes. So I was alone. I wasn’t exactly skipping classes, well I was, but I had good reason to. Well I didn’t want to bump into him on the off chance that he was walking in the same direction. I sounded pathetic, I turned to the door and walked towards it.

I couldn’t stay in here forever, I was hungry and needed something to keep me busy. I stood right outside the entrance of my building. Looking up at the sky and shielding my eyes from the glare. It was a clear blue, beautiful with clouds in the sky. I didn’t really know where to go, I couldn’t go too close to the main part of the campus in case I was spotted.

Walking along the sidewalk, I reached the main road, turning left I continued until I ended up at the local park. Sitting on the empty swing, I moved my legs in rhythm until I had some momentum. I looked up to the sky and it felt like I was flying, then I was really flying. Landing on my butt I grumbled, brushing off the dirt. I sat at the edge of the park looking into the lake that was filled with leaves and ducks swimming.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. It was Amelia. She took a seat next to me. She was silent for a while, just content watching the world pass us by. Time slowly slipping away from us.

“Go to the bonfire with me tonight” she has a hand on my knee giving me a small smile. 

“Do I even get a say in this”

“Nope” I rolled my eyes, of course not. 

“Fine, I’ll go” but a smile was tugging at my lips

“Great, now I got to get back to class, are you coming or not?” she winked, smiling happily. 

I started shaking my head but she pulled me up and I had no choice but to follow her.

“Ok ok, I’m going” I held her hand into mine. 

She walked with me until she made sure I was in the classroom and not going to slip out last minute, before leaving for her own class. She kissed me on the cheek and patted my shoulder, “Good Luck!”.

I stepped inside, the room only had a few students, I missed my first two classes but this one had yet to start. I took my seat near the door and I sunk into my chair.

Head spinning and thoughts running wild. I tried to the best of my ability to listen in class. If I was here I might as well try, right? I took down notes and tried to focus on the task at hand.

I moved around from classroom to classroom until it was the end of my last class. I didn't actually have my phone or wallet. So I hadn’t eaten lunch yet, my stomach was grumbling so I headed towards my workplace.