Chapter 26

WARNING: CHAPTERS 32 - 36 OF THIS BOOK CAN ONLY BE READ ON INKITT! LINK IN MY BIO ♥️
...

I make a bit of an effort with myself for tonight. I'm wearing my wrap dress that has a funky eighties inspired print, and my long suede boots. Isla tells me that I look like an old-school supermodel, and I take it. I even attempted to curl my hair again, pinning it up so it doesn't get into my eyes.

Abbey is checking over our cinema tickets as we wait for the young tender to let us past the gates. "It says that we're VIP, so I need to download the app. You can order refreshments from there, and they bring it to your chair."

I glance behind me to see the sea of people. "That's cool. It's so busy."

Isla is fiddling with the ends of her jumper. "Oh, no. I just saw Troy and his friends."

"Oh, where?" I reply, causing her to shrink her body.

She's bright red. "I'm so embarrassed."

Abbey steps between us. "You're embarrassed to be seen with us? Bloody charming."

"Yes," Isla replies, so matter of fact.

Maggie chuckles at them. "If I remember correctly, you were the same at her age, honey. You made your dad and me stay in the car while you went into the supermarket."

"I don't remember this," Abbey replies, shaking her head.

"Well, it happened," Maggie says on another chuckle.

Isla presses closer to me. "Moll, will you come to the loo with me?"

I'm dragged across the tarmac before being able to answer her. "Do they even have toilets here?"

"Of course they do. I can't believe I'm acting this way. I'm never shy," she replies over her shoulder.

We come to a stone outhouse-type building with a small queue. I give her a small smile. "It's because you really like him, that's why. Attraction can make you feel all kinds of ways."

She pushes her silky hair that's sitting just so underneath a big fabric headband back. "I turn to goo! It's like he's got powers, or something."

"It's a good feeling too, though, right?" I say as we move up a space in the line.

"The best," she whispers, eyes flicking around us.

I lean in to whisper. "You know, I think he'd be pretty pumped to see you."

"Do you think?" she replies, the sheen on her skin letting onto her youth. "Can I have a bit of advise, please?"

The people walking past us start to shout which steals both of our attentions before they run off to a group on the other side of the grounds.

I nod. "Anything, sweetie."

She lowers her head like it's embarrassing her. "Is it true that all boys think about is sex? Because, I'm really not ready for that kinda of stuff, and wouldn't know what to do if Troy wanted it."

"Not all of them, and if he was to make you feel pressured then he's certainly not worth your time. And, he'd be doing something illegal. Remember that, Isla. You're still very young." I'm still on the fence about the date they have planned, but it isn't my business to put my opinion across.

Her thick eyebrows tip down. "You're right. I haven't even kissed a boy yet. But, whenever I see Troy, my day seems brighter. I know I sound totally cringe, but it's true."

We push our way into the toilet cubicle, her beside me, as we carry on our conversation. I didn't realise I needed the toilet until now. "Then, I say, just have fun. There doesn't have to be any pressure, does there?"