Chapter 10

WARNING: CHAPTERS 32 - 36 OF THIS BOOK CAN ONLY BE READ ON INKITT! LINK IN MY BIO ♥️
...

Turns out that kissing Jamie is fun.

After our first date, we went on two more that week. Our second to the cinema, and third to the walking track near Willingham Woods. We brought Emily along for that one, and of course, she insisted on being in his arms the entire way around.

It was flipping cute as she pointed in the direction he did with an enthusiastic shout.

They were looking for magical birds, fairies, and lost Disney Princesses...don't ask me.

It's easy to see that Jamie gets his kind nature from his family. I've been around them for an hour and already feel like a friend. I'm here for Arabella's tea party, and It's pretty magical.

The kids are so good with Emily, letting her chase crawl them across the grass with plenty of giggles. I'm keeping an eye on her from the plastic chair near the barbecue with Jamie sitting beside me. I've met his mother, cousins, and their kids, waiting on his dad to get back with Isla after her chess tournament.

They're in a league, competing for a world title.

And everyone can't stop gushing about it.

Jamie often gives me updates on her life, exciting me for the moment I actually get to meet her. Isla seems like an old soul in a young body, destined for great things. Apparently, she and Jamie have a strong bond, which doesn't surprise me. I can't imagine him not getting along with the people in his life.

Emily is crawling my way with her head turning behind her every now and then to check what Arabella's doing behind her. "Ahhhhhhh," she says, hands and feet bashing the ground as she carries on towards me.

I bend down with my hands in her direction, scooping her up to sit her on my knee. "Does your mum need any help with the food, Jay?"

Jamie grabs his bottle of beer from the wooden table. "Nah, it's all good. Abbey helped prepare the food this morning. They'll probably serve it after the party games."

I tug down on the tutu of Emily's dress. It's the one Yasmin bought her from the posh boutique in York. "I heard your sister telling her friend about the sandwich cutters. They've cut the bread into teapots and cups."

He smiles. "Abbey always goes the extra mile with these types of things. It wouldn't surprise me if she's got Dave dressed up as a rabbit."

Dave is her very lovely husband.

I laugh. "Do you reckon?"

Emily leans her body in half until Jamie can tug her into his arms. "Oh, yeah. He's dressed up for Christmas for the last ten years. The kids birthday's too."

At the sound of his name, Dave appears next to us. "You all right, guys?"

Jamie lets Emily chew on his fingers. "Yeah, all good, man. You managing?"

Dave crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm trying to stay out of the way. Abbey hired a Mad Hatter's costume from Fantasy Land and wants me to wear it later. I'm trying to get out of it."

Looks like Jamie was right about the costume. "You can always sit with us. We'll make it seem like you're too busy to do it."

Dave's eyes fall on me. "I knew I liked you, Molly. Good plan."

I tip my head down.

Jamie clears his throat, gaining both our attentions. Dave laughing at what Jamie's about to say. "Erm, Mol, I think Emmy's done a poo."