Chapter 8

WARNING: CHAPTERS 32 - 36 OF THIS BOOK CAN ONLY BE READ ON INKITT! LINK IN MY BIO ♥️
...

Jamie picked me up early this morning to take me to his sister's house. I'm going to collect the changing table, and I'm hoping that we can fit it into the back of his Polo. I did want to hire a van, but he wouldn't let me adamant that his car would do. I'm dubious, even with his back seats pushed down, but he seems to know what he's doing.

We pull down a long driveway that leads to a beautiful grey stone townhouse. It's surrounded by lots of rolling land, a trampoline, jungle gym and an outdoor chess board looking lost in the greenery. Jamie pulls next to the double facing garage, killing the engine before jumping out of the car.

I do the same, seeing the front door open to reveal a tall woman with icy blonde hair that's tied up in a messy bun, her smile similar to Jamie's. I can tell that she's Abbey before she speaks because Jamie is striding down the pathway to pull her into his arms, kissing the top of her head as she grips him tight.

"Uncle Jay's here!" a high-pitched girl's voice squeals.

"Hey, Uncle Jamie!" a second one chimes in.

"Uncle Jabie!"

It's a scramble as three small children race outside at the same time. They sprint over here just as Abbey pulls away from him, her face creasing with a laugh as she tries to dodge them, watching Jamie crouch on the floor so all of the children can jump on him.

"Hey, kiddo's," he says, falling backwards into the gravel.

"Will you watch me bounce on the trampoline?" the girl with long, straight blonde hair says, the words coming out in a rush.

Jamie struggles to get up. "Sure thing."

A boy who looks around six-years-old is next to speak. "Will you play GameBoy with me? I got a new Pokemon game!"

Jamie ruffles his tiny blonde-haired-head. "You did? Nice one, Fred."

Fred beams up at him. "Who's the lady with you?"

The little girl stares my way. "She's pretty."

Abbey chuckles with her gaze on me. "Kids."

I find Jamie staring at me too. "This is my friend, Molly."

The girl skips over here with her hair floating in the air. "Hey, Molly. I'm Arabella. Do you like trampolines?"

My smile is instant. "I do. I used to have one when I was your age."

"Really? Can you do backflips?" she rushes out.

I giggle. "I can, and somersaults."

"No way! Can you teach me?" she asks, grabbing my hand to drag me across the lawn without even hearing my answer.

Abbey is shouting after her, but Arabella doesn't listen, turning to glance up at me with a wonky smile. We take off our shoes before jumping up on the trampoline - me a little unsteadily at first, but I get it in no time, bouncing from one side to the other.

I let out a loud giggle. "This is fun."

Arabella almost crashes into me as she flips over to land on her knees. "You do one now!"

I notice that Jamie, Abbey, and the two little ones are watching us from where we left them.

Oh, geesh.

Nothing like being put on the spot.

I push down with my feet to gain some momentum, trying to time it right, so I don't end up on my back. I'm really high in the air when I shove off my left leg, my head whooshing when I tip upside down, landing back on my feet.