Chapter 15

WARNING: CHAPTERS 32 - 36 OF THIS BOOK CAN ONLY BE READ ON INKITT! LINK IN MY BIO ♥️
...

They all have the hangover from hell. Jamie is curled up on the sofa with a sick bowl next to him, while Yasmin and Matt laze around on the beanbags near the gas fire. I got here this morning to a quiet house, no one surfacing until the smell of the breakfast I was cooking started to waft upstairs.

As soon as Jamie saw me, he took us to the sofa where he snuggled into my chest to fall to sleep for over an hour, forcing Yasmin to eat his portion of scrambled eggs and crispy bacon before it went to waste. She even fed me pieces of buttery toast so we didn't wake the sleeping beauty.

"Moll, can I borrow you for a second?" Yasmin says, standing in the doorway.

"Sure, babe."I smile, pushing Jamie's arms from around my waist —he's been overly protective today and I'm not sure how to take it.

Yasmin gives me a tight smile that's so different from her usual carefree one, disappearing into the kitchen where she drinks from her rose gold water bottle. "Can you come a little closer?"

I do as she asks. "Is everything okay?"

Taking a slow swig from the bottle, she sets it down to spin it around in her hands. "What's the deal with you and Lewis' mum now?"

Thrown by her question, I cross my arms over my chest. "It's amicable. We don't communicate unless it's about Emmy. Why?"

She chews on her lip. "Does she usually use Facebook a lot?"

There's a rustling in the distance which steals Yasmin's thunder as she frowns at her husband and gives a discreet go away gesture with her hand. Matt has other ideas though as he forages through the fridge to pull out the huge cheesecake they brought along with them.

"Just take the damn thing with you. I'm trying to tell Molly something here," she says on a hiss opening the drawer to pull out two spoons.

Matt takes the spoons from her hands. "Are you okay? You seem a bit on edge."

Going in for more water she nods her head. "Fine. Just let us speak, okay?"

Matt studies her stern face before looking at me. "Has something happened, Moll?"

Not yet. I shake my head. "No, it's all good. Just girl stuff."

"Girl stuff," he says, not seeming convinced when he steps out of the kitchen area to trail back to the sofa's where he sits down on the sofa with the biggest sigh.

Yasmin bends half of her body to rest on the marble island. "I've been getting some pretty horrendous messages on there."

A sensation I don't like enters my belly. "What do you mean?"

"It started last month when I uploaded a picture of Emily on my profile. I'm not friends with her, but my profile was public, so I guess she could've been secretly stalking me, or you, because I tagged you in it. She sent me five in a row, all nasty and unnecessary."

I scratch my nails across the skin on my hand. "Yasmin, I'm so sorry. I thought we'd moved past this stuff. Cheryl's a nightmare."

"I know how much crap she gave you after Lewis died. And, I don't blame you one bit for keeping her at arms length, but why would she feel the need to tell me I'm in the wrong?"

My eyes drift over to Jamie who's sleeping with his head tilted back. "Because she's hurt and she's lashing out. I honestly wish it could be different, but it just can't be when she's messing with my life like this. I thought everything was cool when I picked Emily up this morning."